Valvoline 5W-40 Premium Blue is gold!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh i wasnt worried about side affects, im sure it would be great!! IM just saying a synthetic is supposed to lubricate and protect BETTER than a traditional oil... well after 200k miles the engine has already been worked over and if any damage was going to occur it would have already, so im gonna stick to my cheap oils haha.

I did run sythetics once...but only because i got the oil for christmas haha

As far as i am concerned synthetics oils are worth the price. Especially in the HEUI systems.. They start better, Idle smoother, Have better throttle response, have a little better power, Better fuel economy, AND last but not least LAST WAY longer before they start to break down. I mean with synthetic 5w40 you can furn 10,000 + miles before oil change. But with the 15w40 non synthetic I would go no farther then 3,000 Miles. These HEUI systems destroy the oil quicker then most..

The extra miles you gain between oil changes more then offsets the cost of the oil..

superstroked

Reaction score
I am running blue for the first time and I can already tell a smoother idle...I also put it in the TDI this go round. I only have a couple hundred miles on each but, so far, I am impressed.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I might try it out next time, im not opposed to it. Just never seen much need since the engine alreday has so many miles. Maybe after the first of the year ill switch it up again just to see the difference

Latest posts

Members online