Valvoline 5W-40 Premium Blue is gold!

HoustonRider

Reaction score
sounds about right to me.. good videos.

by comparison, and variations on how things sound on video, I wonder what a vid of the original semi-syn Motorcraft oil sounded like?

I did my first change at 5,000 then again at 10,000. I'm all for getting the truck quieter, I'm just wondering if its the "new oil change" quiet, or will this continue for the next 10,000 miles? If It does, I'm all for the switch :)

Someone needs to do before and after and at 5,10k intervals to get the 411.. lol I guess for a $100 I could do a vid of the Mobil 1, then change to Blue, then vid them both.

Very cool vids, definitely quiet.

Jesse@MBRP

Reaction score
I'm famous, I got a mention in the first vid!

BTW, when that little brown box you texted me earlier get's put on you'll definately hear more of the truck.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I'm famous, I got a mention in the first vid!

BTW, when that little brown box you texted me earlier get's put on you'll definately hear more of the truck.
Heck yeah! Can't wait.
LOL

I take it your a joker!!!! Nothing wrong with that.
Yeah- gotta treat life with a smile, ya know? What is it all if you can enjoy the journey :D

Maybe I'll make a vid at 10k mile to compare tone. By then a few things may be deleted though haha

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive used a bunch of pennzoil. For 235k miles.

One change of motorcraft.

Ran mobil1 full syn 5w40 for three oil changes. Great oil! Didnt need to plug the truck in once last winter. Doesnt romp on startup. Even at 0*!!

Switched to the valvoline 5w40 and it seems a tad smoother than the mobil1 but Ive only put 250miles on the old girl since then so I cant say much else. Its good oil, for sure.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Is the 5w40 a sythetic? I couldnt find it at Napa or O'Reillys in anything OTHER THAN synthetic. And i really dont want to start running a sythentic at this stage in the game, not enough benefit v.s cost

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Haha thats the truth... I figure with 220k miles on the motor, its already taken its abuse. If i was going to run synthetics id want to start early.

Do they make the 5w-40 valvoline in anything other than synthetic?

I started running synthetics with over 200K with no side affects..

Reaction score
Not that I know of. I run Schaeffers full synthetic 5-40 in all my diesels in the winter, but will only run the Valvoline in any 6.0L. Schaeffers is really good oil but they have an addative that bonds to metal to protect bearings which is all good except for 6.0L where they have spool valve issues to start with.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I started running synthetics with over 200K with no side affects..

Oh i wasnt worried about side affects, im sure it would be great!! IM just saying a synthetic is supposed to lubricate and protect BETTER than a traditional oil... well after 200k miles the engine has already been worked over and if any damage was going to occur it would have already, so im gonna stick to my cheap oils haha.

I did run sythetics once...but only because i got the oil for christmas haha

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Ive used a bunch of pennzoil. For 235k miles.

One change of motorcraft.

Ran mobil1 full syn 5w40 for three oil changes. Great oil! Didnt need to plug the truck in once last winter. Doesnt romp on startup. Even at 0*!!

Switched to the valvoline 5w40 and it seems a tad smoother than the mobil1 but Ive only put 250miles on the old girl since then so I cant say much else. Its good oil, for sure.

for the love of god do not ever run penzoil! ever seen a motor inside after running that crap? youll NEVER run it again!

Latest posts

Members online