Valvoline Xtreme Blue

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
I used to buy this stuff at NAPA, and one time I went in there they had it on sale so I bought enough oil to do 3 changes. Well my stock has run out and im needing to change my oil. However, when I called napa to get some more they acted like they had never heard of it. Please tell me they didnt stop making this stuff. So mainly just wondering where I should look to buy some. I called advance auto and Napa neither had it. Thanks for any info

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
that might have to work I never really thought to look there, Ill have to check. I guess worst case scenario Ill just have to switch to another brand of 5w40 synthetic.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I would just stop by the napa, I know the ones around here carry it. Sometimes you just get the dumbest guy there that answers the phone.

SILVERSTROKER250

Reaction score
i just bought it last week it wasn't on sale though and man its a big difference. My napa doesn't carry a lot of it everytime i go in there i buy it all. Just go back and ask again.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My local napa doesnt always have it either, so I stopped wasting the fuel to go there and check. I run Mobil 1 5w40, its awesome, way better than T6 in my opinion.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I doubt it matters much, but may help....it's Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme. Not sure if the way you worded it may have thrown the NAPA guy off or not. You never know. I use it. Always have.

G Racing

Reaction score
I usually get mine from oriellys but just for grins I stopped in at the local valvoline quick lube and asked them how much I could get a gallon of the 5-40 extreme for. He said he had to look it up and then told me $42 a gallon. He then said that it was just over cost. It was pretty hard to keep from laughing in front of him. I'll continue to get it from oriellys. Lol

Last edited:

squeak12

Reaction score
Any Cummins places near you? I got mine at Cummins Power South, but I doubt you have one of those due to the "South" part.

duddy

Reaction score
No valvoline didnt quit making it. NAPA carries it, call them up and for 5-40 synthetic valvoline, and if they cant find it see if someone else might know i just ordered some for tomorrow, I just explained to the place in town that i need the 4 gal not 2 like they carry. They can usually have it the next day so, so just call.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I just tried Napa here for PBE 5w40 and they only had 1 gallon, figures. Just went to Walmart and was surprised they had a shelf full of Delo 400le 5w40 synthetic, only $20 gallon. I've heard awesome reviews on this stuff so we will see how it runs.

01PSD

Reaction score
Local Napa doesn't carry it, actually NO WHERE around here carries it. That, or every single place we checked was completely out. LOL Cummins Atlantic carries it.. but they didn't have any in stock. We grabbed up some Rotella T6 5w 40. Sure did fix the cold start issue associated with the FICM tune... Yes I know this is the 6.4 section :p

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
This is really starting to annoy me. I got back home yesterday and continued my search. Still came out empty handed. I went to napa, o reillys, a cummins service shop, and a freightliner service shop. At the freightliner shop they parts guy asked me what do you put that in. I said are u serious?? My last resort is to dig through the barn and try to find an old jug of the stuff take it in and set it on the counter and say can you get this? That or will the mobil or anything else work as good as the valvoline? I've ran the valvoline for several years but this is really getting annoying.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Is there a Napa part number that would make the guy behind the counter happy to order it?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.