Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Thanks for the words guys.

I saw a couple runs in the 1800 degree area. Matt had it a week so Im sure he saw it there too. Cruising at 65-70 was always 900-1000

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
!

I saw a couple runs in the 1800 degree area. Matt had it a week so Im sure he saw it there too. Cruising at 65-70 was always 900-1000

CRICKEY!!!! Hotter than 2 hampsters ****in' in a wool sock!!!!

Really sorry to hear that Gare. I think with the 175's and RCD's 68 you'll be more than happy. I really hope you catch the break you need this go round.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
CRICKEY!!!! Hotter than 2 hampsters ****in' in a wool sock!!!!

Really sorry to hear that Gare. I think with the 175's and RCD's 68 you'll be more than happy. I really hope you catch the break you need this go round.

I really appreciate. All of you guys have been really helpful!

kevin

Reaction score

Holy crap that's hot.. I have a hard time getting mine with 205s to 1400 in a race tune, you should just to compounds:D

ParkerFly

Reaction score
My old 6.0 cracked heads with just a 40 hp tune in it. It really doesn't take much, and we all know we've seen them cracked on stock motors...

java

Reaction score
That scares me, I peg out my 1600 degree gauge very easily and quite often. My temps at 70 are about 1100... Good luck on getting the truck up and running again, breakdowns like this are never fun.

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Not chasing a fight here, but I thought It was told somewhere that a 68pmax would support 190-205s

I'm not looking for a fight either - but I think there is a difference between supporting and running cool and really clean. To run cool and clean you often need a bit more air than what would normally be used just to make power at a particular level. That is one reason why my Dmax had compounds on it that would support 900-1KHP but got driven 99% of the time in a 400hp tow tune with a couple of blips into a 600hp tune every now and then - 99% of the time it was SUPER clean and always ran cool. I know its not a direct correlation - but if I just wanted a turbo to support 400hp it would have been a lot hotter and a lot dirtier than what I had. I think its very obvious from talking with Gare that he was a cool running, very clean burning truck - having injectors that max out the capability of a turbo is not always possible to have that.

The bigger problem is being able to quantify what a cool running and clean burning truck is - we all want that - but those are qualifiers without quantifiers to define exactly what we want. It is obvious that my definition of clean is different than other peoples definition of clean - but without some sort of defining characteristic its hard to express the level of cleanliness that is acceptable. I hope that makes some sense.

Jason

alwil

Reaction score
Yeah I knew that part but lots of people drive around for much longer with a blown y pipe/exhaust leak.
Or was it compounded with a few other issues as well maybe?

bcpsd

Reaction score
Why can't someone say what the issues were that caused it to overheat. It may help someone else avoid problems like this in the future.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Why can't someone say what the issues were that caused it to overheat. It may help someone else avoid problems like this in the future.

I dont think everyone has been informed of what the deal was. Im sure things will be revealed in time, Garrett has to rule a few things out still.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I'm going to figure it out first. LOL

We did find a set of 100% new heads (not remanned like the local Ford dealer had) at a dealer in Houston. Jason is on his way to pick them up now.

Latest posts

Members online