VCQ4.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
So i have a e99 ca truck and the pcm is a VCQ4, would there be any problems switching to a pmt2? would i still get the codes for my gp's and all the other fancy ca crap? thanks.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Most of us use PMT1, but thats a shift strategy preference as far as I know. PMT2 is the same family as PMT1 which is DPC-422, but I can't tell you the difference in shifting. Yours is a California cold weather code and I'm not sure what kind of complications that would have, if any.

Denver

Reaction score
So i have a e99 ca truck and the pcm is a VCQ4, would there be any problems switching to a pmt2? would i still get the codes for my gp's and all the other fancy ca crap? thanks.

Are you asking about the glow plugs because the Ca powerstroke superdutys have the glow plug module instead of the relay? And by switching pcms to the pmt2 may not be GP module complaint?

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Should be zero issues. Get any dpc 422 pcm and get some tunes. They can put pmt style shifting on the chip it self.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
i Take that back i dont think i have the gpm. i have a relay with a buss bar across it. but my main concern is i know ca trucks are the only ones with this crap so i would hate to pick up a pcm plug it in and fry it or something else.

Denver

Reaction score
Besides the GPM what are the other differences between the ca trucks and the 49 state ones? And I thought the gpm's were more reliable than the relays.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
i really dont know honestly, i know there were some differences just dont remember what they were. if i remember correctly e99 ca trucks didnt have the gpm but a relay with a buss bar w/ 2 terminals and if one side had a bad gp it would throw a code for gp's on either bnk.

Latest posts

Members online