Very Odd Ticking Noise

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Sound is coming from the pedal area somewhere under the dash on a friends 03 f550. Brakes on, it goes away. Clutch in, brakes off, truck not moving, it ticks. Sounds a LOT like the turn signal blinker with an odd rythm. I can hear it in the video, hopefully you guys can. Havent been able to figure it out yet.

http://youtu.be/WI461YIBZw8

pungohboy

Reaction score
When mine did that it was a bad turn signal switch. There are write-ups on how to fix them but I managed to destroy mine so a new one went in. Try turning the flashers on and off several times it may help also if it is a contact issue in the switch.

Pigman

Reaction score
I had the same problem here recently. This is a reply I got on another forum:

"It's the turn signal/brake light relay. If it's buzzing, it stops when either the brake pedal is applied, or turn signals are on. But, the issue isn't the relay itself - it's the turn signal lever, which gets dirt inside. The intermittent short drives the relay crazy. The true fix is a new turn signal post/switch, which if I recall, comes in over $100. For me, I sprayed the living hell out of it with contact cleaner, which "fixed" it for over a year. It only now just started up again. I'll attempt the same, but the real fix is a new turn signal post/lever/switch assembly."

After a few days of hearing it, I got an air hose and sprayed air into the turn signal lever and steering column and up under the dash. I don't know if this helped, but the noise stopped a couple days later and I haven't heard it since! This was almost 2 months ago.

79jasper

Reaction score
I've heard the hazard switch being common.
Could try pulling the turn signal and hazard relay independently to see if it goes away.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online