VGT Compound Build

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
c3d7110f58d6b3746097e02089b7dcee.jpg

I should really get this thing on the truck so I can get to sdx tomorrow... need to stop taking things apart!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Found out these things will flow 250gph on high speed... that should make the blinky light go away!

stevens6.7

Reaction score
c3d7110f58d6b3746097e02089b7dcee.jpg

I should really get this thing on the truck so I can get to sdx tomorrow... need to stop taking things apart!

So is this one better than the H&S low pressure setup? I'm still pretty new on this stuff and I haven't seen this setup used before.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
So is this one better than the H&S low pressure setup? I'm still pretty new on this stuff and I haven't seen this setup used before.
It's different. This pump feeds my factory lpfp and the cp3 off of a y-block.

The h&s is a factory replacement that feeds both pumps a regulated 55-whatever psi.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
It's different. This pump feeds my factory lpfp and the cp3 off of a y-block.

The h&s is a factory replacement that feeds both pumps a regulated 55-whatever psi.

Oh I gotcha. I'm guessing this system would be over kill on a typical turbo swap?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The airdog 4g kit is really nice to feed the factory lift pump, extra filtration and in my opinion just as reliable.

It just wasn't enough to keep up with my silly way of doing things.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
8f014453c8bcf3abc588be4b1d27d1bd.jpg

6a13afb12a0db88ef9864437f4e41862.jpg

Finally got my fittings to finish the install up.

Decided to do a beans sump with a 100 micron pre filter to protect the pump. Wanted to make sure there would be no restriction pre pump so I punched the sump out to a 1/2" npt and used 5/8" feed line.

Also gave me a chance to route the fuel uphill through the cooler and plumb the return line from the pump into the cooler circuit rather than into the filler neck.

I was pleased to find out this was one of Morgan's old fuelab 6.7 kits so it came with some extra lines and fittings which was great.

To top it all off the fuel lab on low speed is almost as quiet as the airdog 4g. The two speed feature is awesome, definitely flows some fuel on the high speed which will be great for track passes and dyno pulls.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
8f014453c8bcf3abc588be4b1d27d1bd.jpg

6a13afb12a0db88ef9864437f4e41862.jpg

Finally got my fittings to finish the install up.

Decided to do a beans sump with a 100 micron pre filter to protect the pump. Wanted to make sure there would be no restriction pre pump so I punched the sump out to a 1/2" npt and used 5/8" feed line.

Also gave me a chance to route the fuel uphill through the cooler and plumb the return line from the pump into the cooler circuit rather than into the filler neck.

I was pleased to find out this was one of Morgan's old fuelab 6.7 kits so it came with some extra lines and fittings which was great.

To top it all off the fuel lab on low speed is almost as quiet as the airdog 4g. The two speed feature is awesome, definitely flows some fuel on the high speed which will be great for track passes and dyno pulls.

yeah buddy very nice!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
91d711c70f5fffdce70ecdfc4cb327fa.jpg

Took the truck on a 4 1/2 hour trip up north because I'm determined to put some miles on this thing and I love driving it.

New fuel pump is great, light still comes on when the fuel gets super hot but I suspect it's still pushing 3-4 psi under cruising conditions. If I click the pump on high speed even on the big tunes with hot fuel it holds full pressure with no blinking light, so loving the two speed feature.

Only downside is I think when the pressure drops this pump is cycling the fuel at an incredible rate, according to the birth sheet on the pump somewhere around 140gph on low speed. Fuel is getting up to around 180 degrees at the pump even though it's leaving the cooler at around 140. I'm going to say it's still getting way too hot, I ******d the factory cooler assuming it wasn't helping much and I'm ready to admit that was a poor assumption.
ea5efbc2a5f04bf94b22c721d6a81aee.jpg

Things got a little melty on the inlet side of the cooler.

And picture of truck because you can't tell how dirty it is

cb288b46fbc151c5cb85971f4b78640b.jpg

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
91d711c70f5fffdce70ecdfc4cb327fa.jpg

Took the truck on a 4 1/2 hour trip up north because I'm determined to put some miles on this thing and I love driving it.

New fuel pump is great, light still comes on when the fuel gets super hot but I suspect it's still pushing 3-4 psi under cruising conditions. If I click the pump on high speed even on the big tunes with hot fuel it holds full pressure with no blinking light, so loving the two speed feature.

Only downside is I think when the pressure drops this pump is cycling the fuel at an incredible rate, according to the birth sheet on the pump somewhere around 140gph on low speed. Fuel is getting up to around 180 degrees at the pump even though it's leaving the cooler at around 140. I'm going to say it's still getting way too hot, I ******d the factory cooler assuming it wasn't helping much and I'm ready to admit that was a poor assumption.
ea5efbc2a5f04bf94b22c721d6a81aee.jpg

Things got a little melty on the inlet side of the cooler.

And picture of truck because you can't tell how dirty it is

cb288b46fbc151c5cb85971f4b78640b.jpg

So safe to say we'll be leaving the factory fuel cooler in place next weekend and just adding the Derale in the bed to help out.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
So safe to say we'll be leaving the factory fuel cooler in place next weekend and just adding the Derale in the bed to help out.
Which I had full intentions of doing on your truck. I can't help but tinker so I'm trying different things out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.