VGT Compound Build

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ugggghhhhhh

Cooddddyyyyy. I want a ridddee

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yeah huge shoutout to Morgan, I got a little impatient due to a backorder on parts that was out of anyone's control..

There's been massive daily progress since the parts have shown up, Morgan is a beast.

1stock13

Reaction score
It's a traditional compound setup, nothing groundbreaking here.

You feed the valley turbo low pressure, high volume air from the large charger, this increases the efficiency of the small turbo beyond its map.

The wastegate on the exhaust manifold regulates turbine speed on the high pressure turbo

I was assuming you would use the smaller turbo to spool the larger turbo sooner, I know you guys know what you're doing, and I'm in no way questioning the work, I've never really dealt with compounding systems at all. I'm just trying to understand, how this would be more efficient.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I was assuming you would use the smaller turbo to spool the larger turbo sooner, I know you guys know what you're doing, and I'm in no way questioning the work, I've never really dealt with compounding systems at all. I'm just trying to understand, how this would be more efficient.

The smaller turbo does spool up faster, but it isn't responsible for "spooling" the large turbo per se. The large turbo is responsible for providing the small turbo with an otherwise impossible amount of air, making the small turbo far more efficient.

At lower boost the small turbo behaves nearly the same but as rpm increases and the large turbo lights the small turbo receives much higher volumes of air producing more power.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I was just thinking about a similar set up to this last week. Glad you are trying it. Should work well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.