Vgt turbo

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks mad. I was hoping you would chime in and give a little more info. I really want to go with the mtw based on the great reviews and numbers that have been posted. I would love to talk to you and figure out which turbo you thought would be best for my specific truck set up and plans for it. Thanks for the input

Call me or pm me if you want some more info., thanks

NRHX2009

Reaction score
The more i read the more horror stories I see about people spending big money trying to get a pmax tuned correctly. I don't do a lot of highway driving or towing. I would like a turbo that lights quick and is fun to drive. Something that will spin the tires and blow sideways easily. I eventually would like the truck to be around 450hp. It sounds like the mtw stage 1 or 2 would do that. Now that the mtw hybrid is gone I wonder if the cost of the stage 2 will be closer to the hybrid.

My Stage 1.5 or 2 will not be laggy nor a pain in the ass. Get Gearhead or TSD tunes. You will be more than happy.

Pmaxes in stock, 1-2 days to build.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
The more i read the more horror stories I see about people spending big money trying to get a pmax tuned correctly. I don't do a lot of highway driving or towing. I would like a turbo that lights quick and is fun to drive. Something that will spin the tires and blow sideways easily. I eventually would like the truck to be around 450hp. It sounds like the mtw stage 1 or 2 would do that. Now that the mtw hybrid is gone I wonder if the cost of the stage 2 will be closer to the hybrid.

I'm gonna take the high road here and not push you one way or the other. A PMax is no harder to tune than any of the Stage 2 turbos that have been mentioned. TSD, Gearhead, IDP, etc. can tune the stock PMax, billet PMax or any of the larger chargers based off the PMax. They all have proven email tunes that eliminate lag, and run well.

Buy whatever turbo from whoever, but the tuning will make a huge difference in how it runs. All the tuners will work with you as well to insure your truck runs as you want it too.

We'd love to have your business, but Barder or RCD will build you a quality product as well. Good luck, and don't hesitate if you have questions.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Mach5customs

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the honest opinions. I am going to buy a turbo very soon since I live in New England and we just got a lot of snow so I have so unexpected plow money coming. It should work out perfect.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
My Stage 1.5 or 2 will not be laggy nor a pain in the ass. Get Gearhead or TSD tunes. You will be more than happy.

Pmaxes in stock, 1-2 days to build.

James is right, when you use a billet wheel in the powermax, either as a drop in replacement or a bigger one like his and mine in the stage 2 then it becomes a different turbo.

I was not going to push my product on you or do I to anyone else, when I asked you to call me. You wanted to ask me some questions about how to build your truck for what you want it for, and was all I was going to tell you. I have seen and built many 6.0 combination and could help you as to with some advise. But there are other shops and vendors on here that could help you to. Best advise I could give you is to decide on what you want and talk to as many vendors and shops.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the honest opinions. I am going to buy a turbo very soon since I live in New England and we just got a lot of snow so I have so unexpected plow money coming. It should work out perfect.

I run barders stage 3 which is a lil bigger than your looking for but, I have put it through absolute hell since I have had it and it doesn't skip a beat, dynoed 865hp and ran a 10.93@123 with it! It is awesome turbo! He builds a great product, matched with TSD tuning it is an absolute beast on the street, instant spool up. fwiw it's a 68mm and it spools just as fast if not faster than a stock turbo.

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Stone pusher, what did it take to put down 865? I'm fixing to buy a big Vgt and Iam also looking at spraying mine at the track.. I'd like to talk an pick your brain a bit sometime if you are able to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peixinho

Reaction score
865hp 1450tq
BTS 4r100, 225/100's, TSD sump, TSD fuel system, TSD tuned, Barder 68, and some other goodies.

^^^^ I think this is all it took LOL

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Nitrous was two stages. A .074 jet and a .088 jet.

Did you get any fuel only numbers? Just curious what it made before the nitrous.

Chris has been telling about your truck for a long time. Id love to see it in person one day. You did some awesome stuff with a stock trans too. IIRC yours lasted until you started putting a lot of spray to it. Sounds like a wicked truck.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

stonepusher

Reaction score
Did you get any fuel only numbers? Just curious what it made before the nitrous.

Chris has been telling about your truck for a long time. Id love to see it in person one day. You did some awesome stuff with a stock trans too. IIRC yours lasted until you started putting a lot of spray to it. Sounds like a wicked truck.

Did 12.00's@110 all night long couldn't break the 12's on fuel and it pissed me off, dynoed 615hp on fuel, my sticks are worn out and tired. Thinking bout throwing the dual pumps on with current sticks and see what it makes.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Did 12.00's@110 all night long couldn't break the 12's on fuel and it pissed me off, dynoed 615hp on fuel, my sticks are worn out and tired. Thinking bout throwing the dual pumps on with current sticks and see what it makes.

Sounds good. Keep us posted. Curious to see where you take that thing.

I might end up with a 68mm and some 190's. IDK, we'll see. I'd love the power, but still have to tow.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Sounds good. Keep us posted. Curious to see where you take that thing.

I might end up with a 68mm and some 190's. IDK, we'll see. I'd love the power, but still have to tow.

I think 190's and a 68 are a perfect setup.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Probably the most impressive vgt truck out there. Awesome Mike!

Thanks bud, I will do whatever it takes to better the sport and better the 6.0.

Agreed, one of the best trucks period. Running 12.00 with 615 hp takes a damn good 60ft time. That's half the battle imo

Thanks man, 60fts are 1.61-1.62's, the 4r puts down every bit of hp plus more, Hp calculator puts it at 630ish. Can't wait to push it some more. Think I'm gonna try some fresh sticks with dual pumps.

swinky

Reaction score
Thanks bud, I will do whatever it takes to better the sport and better the 6.0.

Thanks man, 60fts are 1.61-1.62's, the 4r puts down every bit of hp plus more, Hp calculator puts it at 630ish. Can't wait to push it some more. Think I'm gonna try some fresh sticks with dual pumps.

That would be great man. I just bought a s366 with divided up pipes and 190/75s hoping for low 8s at rudys march 15th

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I think 190's and a 68 are a perfect setup.

That's what Adrian keeps saying. I like the idea and if the 190's turn out to be too big, it shouldn't be an issue to trade em' out for 175's. Nate says 190's can have just as much fuel pulled as 175's. I'm not looking for great track times, just a mean street truck that can tow.

Latest posts

Members online