wait to start light

79jasper

Reaction score
Trying not to be "that guy" but all you have to do is search around a little bit.
Even Google images.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rockhardhoosier

Reaction score
Trying not to be "that guy" but all you have to do is search around a little bit.
Even Google images.

I know where the glow plug relay is located , trying to figure out if there is a fuse like there is on the 7.3, or just the relay , I have been searching, kind of figured that's what this sight is for .

Atsah

Reaction score
Even Google images.

Do you have a owners manual?

Well do you have a voltmeter or test light?

How is an owners manual, or test light gonna help him? Ohm meter is what he needs to find out if he has a short in one of the plugs or the harness has been compromised.. Controller could also be bad..

Its on the pass side valve cover...closer to the front of the engine. Its about 4"x3" and has two medium sized plugs going into it. On my '05, one plug was green, and the other was black. Has two studs holding it in place. Sorta looks like a small ficm..

79jasper

Reaction score
Because the owners manual will show fuse locations.
And he can test glowplugs/harness/and controller with a test light/dvom.

Atsah

Reaction score
It's been a while since I messed with a 6.0 but if my memory serves me correctly, there is a fusible link, I don't believe there is a fuse in the box.. I had the same issue as the OP, I ohmed out the circuit and found bad gp's and the harness was wrecked..

rockhardhoosier

Reaction score
It's been a while since I messed with a 6.0 but if my memory serves me correctly, there is a fusible link, I don't believe there is a fuse in the box.. I had the same issue as the OP, I ohmed out the circuit and found bad gp's and the harness was wrecked..
Yea I knew the relay was on passenger valve cover , that's what I was trying to find out if there was a fuse or fusible link, I got a manual , but it started working today , so must be a short or loose wire, thanks

rockhardhoosier

Reaction score
Ok for future reference there is a fuse on the inside fuse panel on driverside
, it is linked to the windshield wipers, my wipers quit and guess what no wait to start light, it was a loose fuse, and I searched and searched and nowhere did it say that on any site

Latest posts

Members online