Reaction score
Anybody know what shrouds these are?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 194

Rule12b

Reaction score
Those are the same as my headlights exactly. Apollo 2.0 shrouds. Mini D2s (5000k/35w) Dual switchback Haolos, dummy upper projector.

Seand717

Reaction score
For now I'm going to just paint my housings. Top one will be black as well. Anybody know what LEDs I can put in top light and side marker to match 6k 55 wat hids

Rule12b

Reaction score
Hey where did u buy ur supplies from. I want those exact lights with the switchbacks.

I had them done by Jeremy at Retroshop. Seriously, I'm fairly handy, but I would NEVER have been able to match the quality of the work, not with ten sets of lights to try my hand at it. I just know my limitations. That being said, I can't tell you where I got the supplies unfortunately. However, I wish you good luck with the conversion, they REALLY make the truck in a lot of ways IMO.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I bought aftermarket spyder headlights and morimoto hids and mini H1 projectors and retroquick brackets from the retrofit source. The brackets allowed me to use the projector mounting hardware that was in the spyder brand lights. No cutting or gluing involved! They turned out sweet!
uploadfromtaptalk1436754618005.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1436754678540.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1436754713121.jpg

Charles

Reaction score
I used a pair of FXR's from TRS a year or so ago and actually flushed them into the back of the reflector on an 05 housing. Nothing but the lens inside the housing to see. I can't stand the way the projectors look inside the housing, but that seems to be the minority opinion.

Anyway, I would highly recommend anything that accepts D2S bulbs. I am running a Morimoto 50w ballast with the phillips 85122's. All that blue cheese dick sh*t is gay as hell IMO. The phillips d2s bulbs are natural light, have more lumens than most, plus you don't look like a fag. Win, win, win. Oh, and they're available as OE replacements just about everywhere. My cutoff is perfectly smooth from one end to the other.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Just finished mine. sealing them up uploadfromtaptalk1436821939505.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jwalk09

Reaction score
VERY CLEAN MAN! WHAT ARE THE SPECS? AND WHERE DID U GET UR SUPPLIES. ALSO WHERE DID U GET THE SUPPLIES TO COLOR MATCH THE PAINT?
D2s projectors with Apollo shrouds
Dummy projectors up top
35w 4500k hids
Ordered all hid/projector stuff through Jeremy at retroshop.com. He can build you a set or hook you up with everything to diy. Great guy

Ordered all painting supplies through http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ . you can get oem paint in aerosol cans

Adhesion promoter, primer, bases, clear

I used paint code J7 and UH

Bigharm27

Reaction score
D2s projectors with Apollo shrouds
Dummy projectors up top
35w 4500k hids
Ordered all hid/projector stuff through Jeremy at retroshop.com. He can build you a set or hook you up with everything to diy. Great guy

Ordered all painting supplies through http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ . you can get oem paint in aerosol cans

Adhesion promoter, primer, bases, clear

I used paint code J7 and UH

Was it really hard to mount the projectors?

jwalk09

Reaction score
Was it really hard to mount the projectors?
Not bad. To mount the projectors I had to dremel out the bulb socket and shorten it. The dummy projectors mounted with screws and nuts through the back of the housing.

Bigharm27

Reaction score
Not bad. To mount the projectors I had to dremel out the bulb socket and shorten it. The dummy projectors mounted with screws and nuts through the back of the housing.

So did u have instructions or was it pretty simple and just figured it out. Oh and pics on ur truck would be awesome!

Latest posts

Members online