Wanting more power in the future! What to do?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Non issue like under 1200 all the time? What pw tune did you run? Any idea what it weighs?

Reaction score
Have you driven a 6.7 with a non vgt ? They drive incredibly well.

They do, but I've had both. The vgt will out drive a non vgt, but not out power it pound for pound on the same size turbo.

I'm referring to the streetmaxR turbo, morgan's complete kit and a stroker pump and a BD exhaust brake. My personal preference right now. What's H&S got over a kit like that?

It's all preference. Any non vgt will NOT have an exhaust brake.

Nice you could put some first hand un-objective opinions in.

What is the difference between street max and streetmax r ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The 64mm "StreetMax" is being removed from the lineup. The 65.5 drive just as good and has the ability to make more power with a better wheel design.

a couple grand .

StreetMax 64mm to 65.5 is $100 difference.

and good luck getting a stroked pump .

Going to be a while. I'm not releasing anything until I feel comfortable. And on top of that it's going to be like any other stroker pump, meant for performance use. The life of the factory pump is not the greatest and I guarantee a stroker will not last as long.

Don't 2015 turbos work as an exhaust brake?

Sent from my iPhone

They can only work if the pcm commands the vanes to close. Which the 11-14 pcm does not have a good functionality to enable it and has zero option for a "button" to turn it off like a 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
They do, but I've had both. The vgt will out drive a non vgt, but not out power it pound for pound on the same size turbo.

The 64mm "StreetMax" is being removed from the lineup. The 65.5 drive just as good and has the ability to make more power with a better wheel design.

Going to be a while. I'm not releasing anything until I feel comfortable. And on top of that it's going to be like any other stroker pump, meant for performance use. The life of the factory pump is not the greatest and I guarantee a stroker will not last as long.

They can only work if the pcm commands the vanes to close. Which the 11-14 pcm does not have a good functionality to enable it and has zero option for a "button" to turn it off like a 2015.

I'm at 5500 miles on mine now btw

ChattyCathy

Reaction score

Nice of you to assume I have none.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It touched 1220 once up Parleys Canyon. Very long steep climb. Not sure...Roughly 12 dry without machines etc.

Ive traveled that portion of highway its a pull no doubt. Seems similar to what my 64 has done as well. Thanks for the info

jcain

Reaction score
Why do you say this? What's so much better about H&S's stuff as opposed to Morgan's kit?

I don't know anything about Morgan's kit, how it drives or what it entails. I got to look at his truck in the dark, amidst moonshine consumption and typical shenanigans. This is also the environment mentioned in which he saw my h&s kit, which I think he said was his first one. So to say I have any intimate knowledge of his particular kit would be blasphemy.

What I did say is a bone stock 2015 swap wasn't up to the quality nor the expandability of the h&s kit for what I wanted. None of Morgan's new line-up was out and I didn't want to be tied down to the proprietary Ford factory housing. Again this was what I deemed best for my wants and needs

Now, I think anyone that's ridden in an h&s powered truck can attest to it's function and anyone can plainly see that form is also above par. I have ZERO problems taking the truck anywhere to do anything at any time. I daily drive it, I've dragged it, I drive spirited when desired and I tow my 10,000lb 5th rv with it. I think it's a phenomenal set-up and I have ZERO regrets.

If alcohol wasn't a variable at scheids, I would have gladly tossed the keys to Morgan so he could flog it. I'm confident that he wouldn't have bashed it too bad.

jcain

Reaction score
And fwiw.
uploadfromtaptalk1442453116486.jpg
https://youtu.be/Z45tZBJGKa4

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Morgan's kit, how it drives or what it entails. I got to look at his truck in the dark, amidst moonshine consumption and typical shenanigans. This is also the environment mentioned in which he saw my h&s kit, which I think he said was his first one. So to say I have any intimate knowledge of his particular kit would be blasphemy.

What I did say is a bone stock 2015 swap wasn't up to the quality nor the expandability of the h&s kit for what I wanted. None of Morgan's new line-up was out and I didn't want to be tied down to the proprietary Ford factory housing. Again this was what I deemed best for my wants and needs

Now, I think anyone that's ridden in an h&s powered truck can attest to it's function and anyone can plainly see that form is also above par. I have ZERO problems taking the truck anywhere to do anything at any time. I daily drive it, I've dragged it, I drive spirited when desired and I tow my 10,000lb 5th rv with it. I think it's a phenomenal set-up and I have ZERO regrets.

If alcohol wasn't a variable at scheids, I would have gladly tossed the keys to Morgan so he could flog it. I'm confident that he wouldn't have bashed it too bad.

I had a good time at SDX. And to this day I have said zero negative things about any H&S product. I doubt I would be disappointed at all. Unfortunately life isn't a two way street.

Oh here we go.. How can we get you to stop playing with these things?

I am having fun taking a break from powerstrokes. It's also given me time to get some better game plans for the powerstroke.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Personally I don't think it has to be a difficult decision between the two anymore, They are both good options.

If driveability, towing and minimum smoke output are your priorities you can't beat a vgt.

If you frequently change setups or power goals you want options the h&s kit is great for that including options for towing and street driving.

The 6.7's are such an improvement in many aspects you don't have to give up nearly as much choosing one setup over another like you did on previous platforms.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online