Warranty shit

sagebel

Reaction score
Ok, I am still unmodded and my driver's seat massage function has quit working. Truck is a 2021 F350 CCLB SRW Platinum. I refuse to take it back to the dealer that I bought it from because while they are local, THEY SUCK!!! I bought the truck in August of last year and it now has 13,XXX miles on it. We just bought the wife a new Maverick for her car at a different dealer about 30-40 minutes away. While we were waiting for the finance guy to un**** himself, I went and spoke with the service department about the problem with my truck. The service manager stated that they cannot confirm that the repair would be covered by warranty. My immediate response was WHAT THE ****! I paid Ford $78k and they won't honor the warranty? That is absolutely BULLSHIT! So, I ask all of you: How is the warranty process suppose to work?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Fwiw. Having the emissions in tact or removed wouldn’t void the warranty on a seat massager. They have to prove the parts changed caused the problem.

Also you seem to have terrible luck. Trailer problems now warranty issues.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok, I am still unmodded and my driver's seat massage function has quit working. Truck is a 2021 F350 CCLB SRW Platinum. I refuse to take it back to the dealer that I bought it from because while they are local, THEY SUCK!!! I bought the truck in August of last year and it now has 13,XXX miles on it. We just bought the wife a new Maverick for her car at a different dealer about 30-40 minutes away. While we were waiting for the finance guy to un**** himself, I went and spoke with the service department about the problem with my truck. The service manager stated that they cannot confirm that the repair would be covered by warranty. My immediate response was WHAT THE ****! I paid Ford $78k and they won't honor the warranty? That is absolutely BULLSHIT! So, I ask all of you: How is the warranty process suppose to work?

They just did that to cover their ass. As long as you don’t store shit under your seat and tire up some wires, or went whacko on the seat with a butcher knife, or beat the hell out of the radio with a hammer, or (and this is an actual legitimate one) installed or had installed aftermarket radio components that were put in very poorly and are causing connection issues, you should be fine for it to be covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
3year, 36k Mile Bumper to Bumper... should be covered, and any dealer should be able to do it under warranty.... bigger question is how long until they can.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

sagebel

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with what everyone said. What I don't understand is why the dealer cannot determine warranty coverage. I might be switching manufacturers for the next truck it these "Ford dealers" don't un**** themselves. I am the customer, they work for me. Don't want to work for me? You are FIRED! Which sucks, this is the BEST TRUCK that I have ever driven or towed with.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with what everyone said. What I don't understand is why the dealer cannot determine warranty coverage. I might be switching manufacturers for the next truck it these "Ford dealers" don't un**** themselves. I am the customer, they work for me. Don't want to work for me? You are FIRED! Which sucks, this is the BEST TRUCK that I have ever driven or towed with.
They are not going to straight up say yes or no without diagnosing it themselves.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
^whs. I worked at different dealers for close to 15years. Especially with trim/interior warranty stuff each case was different. Some stuff needs pictures sent to ford and for the engineers to say yes or no, some stuff is a tech judgement call, some a service writer call, and some a service manager call. Sometimes as well, if the customer is being a dick, we could not warranty it. Like you said about firing dealers, sometimes customers need firing too…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RascalMafia

#hashtag
Super Mod
Reaction score
Manufacturer's warranty (manufacturer being the key word) is not a commitment a dealer can honor. In general, warranty is a legal obligation by the manufacturer to cover defects in workmanship and / or material under pre-determined conditions (time / miles, in this case). It is the dealer's responsibility to prove the defect / workmanship issue to the factory for warranty consideration.

Dealers do not "work for you" as a customer. Dealers are independent entities that operate under an IPA with the OEM. Dealers provide sales and service in return for compensation.

Read the terms and conditions in the warranty statement provided when the vehicle was purchased if you need further clarification.

I am an OEM product support manager, not for Ford.

Last edited:

sagebel

Reaction score
The Service Center did the diagnosis and determined that "the, the, well it's like a vacumme pump thing" is bad and needs to be replaced. They said that they would "run it up the flag pole" and call me if it was decided that it was not covered by the warranty. It has been a week and I haven't received a phone call, so maybe someone doesn't have their head in ass and agrees with me that it is under warranty.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Well I know that the controllers for the seats is one of the (many) things holding up new trucks due to parts shortages.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sagebel

Reaction score
The service manager did not seem very confident on what the problem is. I am expecting to get a phone call from him asking me to bring the truck in for the repair and they won't be able to fix it. I don't think Ford has a part number for a "the, the, well it's like a vacumme pump thing" so I don't think that is the part that needs to be replaced.

J98

Reaction score
Unfortunately when it comes to warranty none of the big 3 are much better then the next.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.