Water in fuel

calidies

Reaction score
Let me start of by saying I'm new to all this. 97 7.3 powerstroke xlt. When I start the truck up the water in fuel light comes on and stays on for 5ish minutes or so.. but then it goes off. It's probably fine but I just wanted some other opinions

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Drain the fuel bowl. Yellow nob on back of bowl. If it does it again change fuel filter. If it still does it, change fueling stations.

calidies

Reaction score
It was chevron though that's why it confused me

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
That doesn't preclude them from an idiot truck driver, bad tanks, or someone leaving the cap off and water getting in their ground tanks.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I was down under 1/4 tank so I went to a shell station where I had always filled up all my diesle vehicles. Well I was filling up my fuel cans first (heading out to our deer lease, always have extra) I noticed that it waset the normal diesle green. Well after the diesle foam cleared out I noticed a lot of sediment floating around and starting to collect at the bottom. Thankfully I didn't stick that in my truck first. Come to find out the holding tank had dirt in it. They ended up having to replace the tank.

Latest posts

Members online