water pump

mandkole

Reaction score
so is that actually a filter or just an additive/electrolyte cannister?

they're all filters, but you buy them with/without additive thats inside the body. Cummins/fleetguard makes it pretty easy but you need to know if you need the additive or not.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
You can buy a new Geomar water pump from here under $200 http://www.gomondial.com/index.cfm

Here are the part numbers for the bolts:

- Water pump (Geomar RW6114) or Int'l 1831676C92
- 30 mm bolts (Int'l 1817958C1) need 3
- 60 mm bolts (Int'l 1817811C1) need 2
- 110 mm bolts (Int'l 1818693C1 need 4
- Fleatguard WF2071 coolant filter 4 SCA
- T-stat (Int'l 1823417C92) 192*

And the bottom is the OBS guys. It might work for SD trucks.
- Lower hose NAPA 8763 (Dodge Cummins 89-93 I think)
- 2'-3' of 1" heater hose
- 3/4 NPT to 1" male barb*
- 1/2 NPT to 5/8 male barb*
* NOTE: Straight fittings could be used but 45* are better
- 3/4 NPT to 1" male barb 45* (Jeg's 100491)
- 1/2 NPT to 5/8 male barb 45* (Russell 663080)

I would also get a water pump gasket from Int'l because the one that comes with the pump needs help. I used the gasket with no issues but I would have one on hand.

Billy T.
[email protected]

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was told you dont need all that bs and fittings. In fact I bought them all and jegs doesnt have those part #s anymore. At least two years ago they were obsolete.

I traded Tarm all my parts because i couldnt find a way to make that pump work with dual alternators. If I had more time Id buy another and cut/machine it to work on dual alt trucks.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You "need" one of them right? The adapter to feed your heater hose?

The others line up iirc. Idk, sorry if Im wrong here but i was under the impression that crap wasnt needed either way. Definitely dont for a sd. I understand they are different but that wasnt my intention to confuse. I would need a pump in front of me to be certain.

I really am bummed about the convenience of filtration on thoar pumps. You know that long "horn" on those pumps? It lands smack dab in the center of the lower alt pulley. I wanted to cut as much of that off as possible, clean it up, and tap it for a fitting. Either a 90, 45, or straight fitting to facilitate the radiatot hose.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Need the 1" fitting to connect the hose to the water pump, this hose originally connected to the lower rad hose, you need one smaller fitting for one of the heater core hoses. I just finished a DIY install and its really not that hard. The Dodge hose works perfect in an OBS, but will NOT work for a SD.

zarrinvz24

Reaction score
Also if you are going to go through the trouble of swapping to the T444E waterpump I would recommend also swapping to the superduty pulley, it is smaller and will increase the flow of the waterpump. If your in a hot area like Southern Arizona (me) you want as much cooling as you can get.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Also if you are going to go through the trouble of swapping to the T444E waterpump I would recommend also swapping to the superduty pulley, it is smaller and will increase the flow of the waterpump. If your in a hot area like Southern Arizona (me) you want as much cooling as you can get.

Ive never seen one of those come out of the box with a pulley on it. The three ive seen.all had to.have a pulley sourced.

old man dave

Reaction score
Ive never seen one of those come out of the box with a pulley on it. The three ive seen.all had to.have a pulley sourced.

The post didn't say it came with a pulley nor is there one in the photos. And part of your install problem sounds like it was due to your non-typical dual alternator setup.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, that was the only reason I didn't use it. I do feel with some time the pump could be modded and used even with dual alternator trucks. Wasn't a huge priority.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.