Waterpump replacement

dietoremain

Reaction score
Just pound on it, screw spending $150 on a dang tool. Mine has been done, just takes patience, and yes it comes off normal(unlike the idi trucks which are reverse threaded..random I know)

Otherwise straight forward.. mine crapped out just like yours, except not at home, was at a feed store and it just started dumping gallons of ELC lol.

MossBack

Reaction score
When I did mine I used the two wrenches from otc and my fan popped off.

My tstat housing leaked about 200 miles from home and after I got a new one it leaked worse. So I made it.home and went to Ford and got new pump, tstat and housing for 300 and after I pulled waterpump the plug was leaking and was about to go out.

My opinion is to buy from Ford on most items as when I went cheap in the past on parts they always failed. Learned that on my vacuum pump.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Zaairman

Reaction score
RiffRaff has an "OEM pump" for cheaper than the dealer (and I get a nice discount)... just waiting to see what brand it is.

PsRumors

Reaction score
For fan removal just go to Advance auto and borrow the wrenches. It was about a $70 deposit, used it and returned it. Cost is nothing but a little gas.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I love how EVERYBODY automatically assumes you have access to air tools.... and the money to buy more.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Called Clay up at lunch... got it ordered. Hopefully I get everything by the weekend.

you will have it by then.... it only takes 4 days to get my orders from him and they have never been late... clay is awesome, great to talk to and has a lot of great deals on his website....

BigRed97

Reaction score
I do have air tools, but I'm not buying anymore, especially a fan wrench that I will use only once, or can be borrowed from the auto store.

if you have air tools just take the 10 seconds and knock it loose with an air hammer and chisel bit...light trigger pressure will break it free and not damage the nut. Ive done probably close to 1,000 like this(all types of vehicles) and never butched up a nut

TARM

Reaction score
IMO the biggest thing is to be 100% sure what you are getting is a New not remanf water pump. In that case I think Airtex is suppose to be the OEM. The only thing I do know for sure is that Airtex is a OEM supplier. Whether it is for this specific part I do not know with 100% confirmation.

Honestly if my pump goes out I am taking the small amount of extra time and the different top and bottom hoses to install the International water pump. Then I know it will be very bad luck if that ever goes bad. Its a massive hunk of iron compared to the dinky auto water pump ford uses.

TARM

Reaction score
Go deal. now as long as you do not have any seized bolts that break off you will be GTG. I had two that I had to extract.

Zaairman

Reaction score
Go deal. now as long as you do not have any seized bolts that break off you will be GTG. I had two that I had to extract.

Oh great, just what I needed. :p I'm not taking the pump off til my my new parts get here.

Question. How do you get the fan out? Take the whole shroud out?

BigRed97

Reaction score
I usually don't take it out. Just sit it down below the pump. Leave the shroud in place. Just unneeded steps that cost time

MossBack

Reaction score
I usually don't take it out. Just sit it down below the pump. Leave the shroud in place. Just unneeded steps that cost time

Exactly I set it in the shroud then u can turn it side to side and I was able to get my impact in there

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online