Weird No start situation

Stroker04

Reaction score
Okay so my friends 04 6 liter wouldn't start so I drove over with my AE to check it out. First thing I noticed was KOEO ICP voltage was at 4.27 Volts which makes no sense. He has replaced the ICP sensor and pigtail. Truck has a new IPR valve. So he dropped the truck over at my house so I can work on it. Today I ohmed out the ICP harness running back over to the PCM with my powerprobe everything seems okay. I pulled the PCM plug off of the PCM and found the pin off the PCM fried into the connector. The trucks PCM is putting 4.27 volts out for some reason? Do you think the PCM is bad? Regardless it is going to need a new PCM because of the pin being broken off in the connector. It might possibly need a new harness as well? The CPS and CKP sensors come in and out of sync intermittently on my AE it goes from 1 to 0 every few seconds. The FICM sync stays in sync with the PCM at all times. Any suggestions on where to start next?
image_zpsacccb299.jpg

image2_zps75458e4f.jpg

image1_zpsa9ac42e5.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Replace PCM. Pull that pin out of the harness and I'd ohm that wire out to make sure it's okay. If it is don't worry about replacing it.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Definitely going to replace the PCM. I ohmed out the wire and there is no issue. After I pulled the pin out, I then plugged the Harness back in to the PCM and both my AE and voltmeter show that same voltage again? PCM internally shorted out possibly? How else could that wire be picking up voltage?

Latest posts

Members online