Welded EGR

black'n'blue

Reaction score
I'm getting a welded EGR installed in my 05. Will it throw a code? I've heard some do and some don't. Is it just a "wait and see" situation?

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Yes with innovative. Just wondering if I'm going to need an updated tune. Also with head studs and that EGR, what hp tune would be a safe one? Running Idp x street tune now.

Nic

Reaction score
. 04.5-07 will pop a CEL for it UNLESS you have it tuned. Which you say it is so while its tuned, it wont. Detune it and expect a CEL (which wont hurt anything). A safe DD tune is x-street. You can tow with it just be careful getting into the 8-10k lb range. If you're easy on the throttle you can tow that heavy. If you're a "hold my beer and watch this" kind of driver, I would recommend dropping it into the preloaded tow setting or just back to stock. Towing heavy aggressively in a tune like that put ALOT of pressure on the heads. Even though its studded, they will crack, so be mindful of EGT, and EBP.

Last edited:

black'n'blue

Reaction score
It's there really much difference between the x street and x race? I know a couple guys running both and said that the x race didn't really add much to the truck when they took it to the track. Maybe 2 tenths of a second.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
. 04.5-07 will pop a CEL for it UNLESS you have it tuned. Which you say it is so while its tuned, it wont. Detune it and expect a CEL (which wont hurt anything). A safe DD tune is x-street. You can tow with it just be careful getting into the 8-10k lb range. If you're easy on the throttle you can tow that heavy. If you're a "hold my beer and watch this" kind of driver, I would recommend dropping it into the preloaded tow setting or just back to stock. Towing heavy aggressively in a tune like that put ALOT of pressure on the heads. Even though its studded, they will crack, so be mindful of EGT, and EBP.
Thanks for the input. I don't really tow anything heavy but I was warned about towing in the street tune over 10k

yeehaw

Reaction score
even tuned usually it will throw a P0405 code (if I remember right) but the CEL won't come on. My current '06 is deleted and never has thrown a code for egr yet. I shouldn't say that it will most likely come on tonight

Nic

Reaction score
It's there really much difference between the x street and x race? I know a couple guys running both and said that the x race didn't really add much to the truck when they took it to the track. Maybe 2 tenths of a second.

Yes. The X-Race will lock the converter. Its hell on the trans. I wouldnt run it on a stock trans. I had both on my 6.0 and it almost gave me whiplash in every gear wasn't a very street friendly tune, hence 'race' LOL.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Hmmm I just loaded the x street for the first time last night. Also got the tow and xtreme x. I'll let you know how they compare

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Mine never left extreme X. Converter doesn't lock if you're driving it easy.
Well I was trying to have some self control lol. Its sounding more tempting though. I'll for sure run one tank with the x street just to get an idea of my mileage.