well gf did something. help

teambluemxer

Reaction score
my gf drove my truck and idk but she had to put it in 4wd. well i have the truck in my possession again well she completely destroyed the passenger side lock out hub. so i have them out gotta get sent to warn for warranty. but when i drive it. it like wants to chose what way to go HARD. all new ball joints and tierods last year there moogs. where do i start, it does pull the wheel the way it wants to go could be left could be right. help!

swinky

Reaction score
my gf drove my truck and idk but she had to put it in 4wd. well i have the truck in my possession again well she completely destroyed the passenger side lock out hub. so i have them out gotta get sent to warn for warranty. but when i drive it. it like wants to chose what way to go HARD. all new ball joints and tierods last year there moogs. where do i start, it does pull the wheel the way it wants to go could be left could be right. help!

Sounds like its still in 4wd. Or something is sticking. Jack up the front and check out everything for bends or binding.

JMart

Reaction score
the lock out hubs arent in and it still does it randomly. usually when i turn,

Mine does that too. When i turn i have to fight it back to center sometimes and then it wants to turn the other way. I think my tie rods are worn though. And its random, and my front drive shaft turns freely.

Hope you get it figured out, maybe mine is the same.

TurboM700

Reaction score
I have seen warn front u-joints do that.

Maybe make sure they turn fine when the wheel is turned.

Mike

mandkole

Reaction score
yes, be sure that everything is disengaged--I was gonna say one or both hubs were sticking and still engaged. Youve confirmed that the axle(s) and drive shaft is not spinning. If one axle side is sticking/engaged, you definitely know it.

JMart

Reaction score
Check your tire pressure. I think that was Danny's problem when he truck did this. LOL

Lassie

Reaction score
Unit bearing could be starting to wobble. Especially if locking hub is torn up. Spindle bearings could have been destroyed by stuck axle shaft and main bearing will follow shortly.

And, I don't agree that "you will know if one side is stuck". Most don't know until truck is brought in for auto 4x4 trouble.

teambluemxer

Reaction score
Unit bearing could be starting to wobble. Especially if locking hub is torn up. Spindle bearings could have been destroyed by stuck axle shaft and main bearing will follow shortly.

And, I don't agree that "you will know if one side is stuck". Most don't know until truck is brought in for auto 4x4 trouble.

im guessing it destroyed it.the bearing the shaft sits in on the passenger side. when i spin the shaft it moves a lot and will actually lock the hub in with no lock outs.

ford rules

Reaction score
Makes sure the u joints arent froze up also, had a truck doing the same thing the u joints were still tight but just rusted in place and wouldnt let the wheel return to center or anything like it should.

Latest posts

Members online