Well its been a fun ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles

Reaction score
How do you make a thread stop showing up in your "Replies" threads section?

:doh:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Why does it have to fit in a garage in order to work on it...

Here is mine in the driveway with the motor out of it... Currently about 30* and raining... was 38* as a high that day.

395568_118396888335388_1002929490_n.jpg

Black 02

Reaction score
Why does it have to fit in a garage in order to work on it...

Here is mine in the driveway with the motor out of it... Currently about 30* and raining... was 38* as a high that day.

395568_118396888335388_1002929490_n.jpg

The rain part is key. No one likes to work in the rain any more than they have to.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The rain part is key. No one likes to work in the rain any more than they have to.

I have a pop tent/canopy for that. Takes all of 10 minutes to set it up.

I've done a lot of work on these truck on the side of the damn road. If your not prepared to work on one of these anywhere at anytime... Better buy a honda.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
My 7.3 had issues when the DPF got plugged. Got a new one and it fired right up.

Check that out before you sell a good runner!

The dpf plugged on ur 7.3 you say? Did the egr cooler fail to?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I got a few days till title comes so, im going to take it to work and thaw it out.

And not working out side the temp has been 2* windchill -8 to -10. Way too cold.

I do have the mental capasity to work on it. I know you'e probably in total shock right now. Mabye even you cant get it through your thick skull. This is my first diesel. Its is a learning process.

This truck has been one problem after another. First the transmission goes out. I put a new one in. It goes out. Then my lighting harness shorts out. My battery cables break and fall off. My hub snaps. Glow plugs dont work. It wont start unless its plugged in. I put a gpr on it. Doesnt fix the problem.

Next comes the guage cluster. Then the acellerator pedal quits working. I put a swith on it. Seemes to fix the problem. I take it on a test drive and it shuts off completly. I have to be towed back to the house. To make things worse it was towed by a dodge coal rollin tow mirrors flipped cumminGs. Now it will not start. The chip was loose. I pushed it in while driving. The dash is still out of it i can see the ecm while driving. It will not even start on either.

All you want to do is talk sh!t. Im genuinly lost on this one. I have never had a problem fixing anything. Ever! I restored a speedex lawn tractor and completly rebuilt the rearend and motor at the age of 11. I know what im doing. Im just at a loss on this one.

I want something with low miles no problems. Grandma driven. Never ***d with.

Now if you want to help me try to help me fix it fine help me. Answer my questions. Not tell me to serch. If i ask it is because i have searched. Either i couldnt find what i wanted or incunclusive answers were give.

Thank you.
sent while looking at my sled. since theres no freeeeking snow!!!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Have you done anything that anyone has suggested? You dont even know if your PCM is working...

Black 02

Reaction score
You should sell it, get a lawnmower and just drive that.

Come on Joe, cut him a little slack. Some joking is alright, but you've been riding him pretty hard. :pointlaugh:

It wasn't that long ago that you wanted to take your truck to the dealer to have a compression test done.

Everyone learns sometime or another.

That being said, the OP needs to listen to the suggestions people have given him.

When I first got my truck, I paid Ford $1000 to change my oil, air filter, and intercooler boots.

Now, I only pay a mechanic when it comes to setting up gears, or assembling an engine on one of these pigs.

Most of my knowledge and learning comes from these forums. A lot of smart dudes that can really help you out.

Good luck!

Black 02

Reaction score
The dpf plugged on ur 7.3 you say? Did the egr cooler fail to?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

No, the problem started when my urea tank got a hole in it and ran dry, causing the DPF to plug.

I did the EGR delete, so we're good on that front.

036.0l

Reaction score
I've heard that when you mess with your chip when the key is in the ignition then you short out the pcm. Try a new/used pcm and see if it works. My friend did this and had to buy a new pcm

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I was lookin for a new or used ecm to try. But, then came the discussion on y wont it start with either. I was told it definantly was not a electrical problem. That it was major mechanical.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I doubt its very "major" mechanical problem due to the fact that you say it spins over easily and that you have practiced good maintenance on it. Also as mentioned, its a stock 7.3, you would have to be extremely hard on it to tear it up inside, and probably have to pour some sand or metal in the block to help it out. Just quit worrying yourself with more new questions an check the things that have already been pointed out and explained to you.

Last edited:

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
So have you actually looked at anything yet or do you just keep posting about what's wrong with it and how your lost?? I've yet to read anything about you actually working on it..just a bunch of excuses why you can't..

Either work on the damn thing from advice givin or shut up until you do. You've got several pages worth of things you can try.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Come on Joe, cut him a little slack. Some joking is alright, but you've been riding him pretty hard. :pointlaugh:

It wasn't that long ago that you wanted to take your truck to the dealer to have a compression test done.

Cant recall ever saying that... You would have to quote me or point to a post... Might look on The Diesel Stop, sub 1999 or so...

I was lookin for a new or used ecm to try. But, then came the discussion on y wont it start with either. I was told it definantly was not a electrical problem. That it was major mechanical.

The point was...

If it TRUELY will not fire on starter fluid there has to be something VERY wrong, as it broken crank or the starter is not even turning the motor over... I have a very strong feeling that you have not even used starter fluid, but used oven cleaner or simple green or spray wax...

So have you actually looked at anything yet or do you just keep posting about what's wrong with it and how your lost?? I've yet to read anything about you actually working on it..just a bunch of excuses why you can't..

Either work on the damn thing from advice givin or shut up until you do. You've got several pages worth of things you can try.

Exactly why I am now giving him ****. He has done NOTHING but post what the problem is... TRY and fix something.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Cant recall ever saying that... You would have to quote me or point to a post... Might look on The Diesel Stop, sub 1999 or so...

The point was...

If it TRUELY will not fire on starter fluid there has to be something VERY wrong, as it broken crank or the starter is not even turning the motor over... I have a very strong feeling that you have not even used starter fluid, but used oven cleaner or simple green or spray wax...

Exactly why I am now giving him ****. He has done NOTHING but post what the problem is... TRY and fix something.
:eek:wned:

:stupid:

yotaneck13

Reaction score
I truely did use starter fluid. Mabye for what ever reason it wasnt going through the system. I dont know. Its plugged in now and hooked to a battery tender. Ill report friday evening if it warms up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.