Well

motoxracer42

Reaction score
No need for a cummins lol. And i try not to talk about getting people to pass trucks online lol. They search forums looking for that lol.

Ok so back in topic, I set the primary charger in the valley of one of the motors I have here and with the comp housing I'm running I highly doubt they will both fit. So primary in the fender well it is. I'm not looking forward to drilling another upper pan though. Thats the worst part of the whole install.

kevin

Reaction score
Every motor from now on that goes in my truck I don't care if its a briggs and stratton its going to have a spot for a drain before the motor goes in... what a pain

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I think mine is high enough that its above the oil. no draining problems yet at least :shrug: are you going to drill on top of the pan flange? that would have been ideal for me but we just didn't have enough time to Jack with it

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
how high up in the pan does the oil rest? my drain is right under the top of the fat part of the pan. actually you saw it Chris... look like it's above oil level.

sorry for that derail Matt

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Depends on how much oil you put in :poke:

You should be ok as long as you don't overfill your oil buddy. Your pretty high up.

Much better than when my twins were built :doh:
They had my drain going straight back to the valve cover. 3 chargers later they told me it needed a different drain...

motoxracer42

Reaction score
how high up in the pan does the oil rest? my drain is right under the top of the fat part of the pan. actually you saw it Chris... look like it's above oil level.

sorry for that derail Matt

Lol i had mine higher than yours. Matt sent me a pic. I went through two s400s before i realized the issue

kevin

Reaction score
Worst task ever

Attachments

• IMAG0326.jpg
    IMAG0326.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 124

motoxracer42

Reaction score
meh...i'll just run it a couple quarts low then :D

That's what I always did until mr ellerton showed me his upper pan. Best idea ever. Just not much room for error in there when your using 3/4"npt. After getting the pan off my patience is about gone lol.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
That's what I always did until mr ellerton showed me his upper pan. Best idea ever. Just not much room for error in there when your using 3/4"npt. After getting the pan off my patience is about gone lol.

I have a upper already tapped just capped off but I put it on the ranger. Wasn't thinking I should have put one of my others I have laying around here on it.

Latest posts

Members online