What are your opinions on the 6R140..

Atsah

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys think of the shifting etc.. I just bought a 12 6.2 gasser with this transmission.. There are a couple of differences between the diesel and gasser 6R140 but they are basically the same..

01PSD

Reaction score
I've heard of sloppy shifts, wonder if Ford revised the programming in the newer models after hearing of these issues in the early models?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have yet to hear issues with people blowing them up, but then again nobody with a 6.7L is making large amounts of power either. I think SPE and H&S have trucks right around the 600hp mark and they are still holding up though.

Atsah

Reaction score
I'm planning on putting this gasser through it's paces with a 9.5 V plow up on long camp roads. Looks to be pretty stout from what I read.. With 385hp 405ftlbs tq, I probably won't come anywhere near stressing it..

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm honestly impressed with how the factory tuning Is and how well it works. Converter locks early and stays locked

Default15405

Reaction score
im in a loaner right now while my 6.7 is being worked on. Ive noticed pretty sloppy shifts, no hesitation or anything just didnt feel very good. Cant quite put a finger on it but just not really impressed with it. Although ive been tuned so im used to some pretty crisp shifts and i love mine on the diesel, no complaints.

Atsah

Reaction score
im in a loaner right now while my 6.7 is being worked on. Ive noticed pretty sloppy shifts, no hesitation or anything just didnt feel very good. Cant quite put a finger on it but just not really impressed with it. Although ive been tuned so im used to some pretty crisp shifts and i love mine on the diesel, no complaints.

Damn loaners.. LOL

This one seemed to have seamless shifts but I do notice when it's in 6th at 45mph, it's a little weak but it's to be expected..

Default15405

Reaction score
the loaner was a raptor where it seemed to hesitate to shift sometimes, and now its a '12 150 and it does the same thing

Latest posts

Members online