What are your thoughts on some forum category changes?

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just would like to know your thoughts on maybe changing the forum layout, as in creating Generation forums instead diesel engine forums? I'm just spit balling and if you all like the current forum layout, I have no issues keeping it. I just wanted to throw this out there.

For example of what I am thinking(these really don't relate to the gens of the ford trucks or powerstrokes, just using it as an example)

-Ford PowerStroke Generation Forum
--6th Gen : 2017 - 2021
--- General Discussion
--- Engine & Performance
--- Suspension
--- Interior
--- Exterior
--- Audio & Electronics
--- Tech Info

--5th Gen : Dates....
--- General Discussion
--- Engine & Performance
--- Suspension
--- Interior
--- Exterior
--- Audio & Electronics
--- Tech Info

I know this forum revolves around the PowerStroke, but I would really like this place to be a one stop shop on more about the truck then the engine. More talk about suspension, audio and electronics, and so on for each generation Ford truck.

What do you all think?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
car sliding GIF

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm all for keeping the current layout. I just have always liked keeping each gen within a forum section, as it helps members that own a 4th gen to not have to go through countless posts from 2nd gens. Either way is fine with me. Just was throwing out the idea..

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would split the 17+ to 17-19 and 20+ as they are for the most part completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So I just want to keep what works. I know this is a forum about the Powerstroke. Do we want to keep it all about the engine or did we want to change it up to be all about the truck? Not going to make this decision right away. I just wanted to post this question to get some ideas from the members for maybe doing a change in the near future.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So I just want to keep what works. I know this is a forum about the Powerstroke. Do we want to keep it all about the engine or did we want to change it up to be all about the truck? Not going to make this decision right away. I just wanted to post this question to get some ideas from the members for maybe doing a change in the near future.

Well that’s kinda what I was talking about. The 15-19 engines are the same more or less, 11-14 are basically the same as well, but with a few throngs that got upgraded for 15, the 20+ motors really only share displacement. And then the trans changed completely in 20, not just minor changes like in the previous years

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well that’s kinda what I was talking about. The 15-19 engines are the same more or less, 11-14 are basically the same as well, but with a few throngs that got upgraded for 15, the 20+ motors really only share displacement. And then the trans changed completely in 20, not just minor changes like in the previous years

And those changes stayed within the same Generation truck?

btoler4th

Reaction score
Just would like to know your thoughts on maybe changing the forum layout, as in creating Generation forums instead diesel engine forums? I'm just spit balling and if you all like the current forum layout, I have no issues keeping it. I just wanted to throw this out there.

For example of what I am thinking(these really don't relate to the gens of the ford trucks or powerstrokes, just using it as an example)

-Ford PowerStroke Generation Forum
--6th Gen : 2017 - 2021
--- General Discussion
--- Engine & Performance
--- Suspension
--- Interior
--- Exterior
--- Audio & Electronics
--- Tech Info

--5th Gen : Dates....
--- General Discussion
--- Engine & Performance
--- Suspension
--- Interior
--- Exterior
--- Audio & Electronics
--- Tech Info

I know this forum revolves around the PowerStroke, but I would really like this place to be a one stop shop on more about the truck then the engine. More talk about suspension, audio and electronics, and so on for each generation Ford truck.

What do you all think?
Personally, I've been on a huge suspension quest for knowledge the past several years. Have found some great info on here, albeit difficult at times to find. Between leaf spring and coil spring codes, to dealing with the new 20'+ suspension shortcomings I feel like there could be a better dedicated section for streamlined data that is easier to access. I don't mind digging for the information I need, but dang if I haven't spent a lot of time finding it.

sootie

Reaction score
I've never heard anyone refer to super duties by "generation" so why sort it that way? It's always by engine or year model.

I know F150s and Mustangs get referred to by generation but just never heard it in the powerstroke world...

dsberman94

Reaction score
And I can’t stand it. With the small changes they make you have to list the model year anyway so light as well just call it by the model year.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I've never heard anyone refer to super duties by "generation" so why sort it that way? It's always by engine or year model.

I know F150s and Mustangs get referred to by generation but just never heard it in the powerstroke world...
Not too mention, someone starts talking X Generation Super Duty, and all the knowledgeable people here will have to go look up the model years for each generation.

It doesn't get much simpler than OBS, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4. Ford kinda messed it up with the 6.7 when they started making the "minor" changes, but keeping the displacement.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Totally understand and this is why I am asking. F150 and F250/350/450 always have the same Generation change and style change. I was wanting to know if we just stick with the engine size forums or we go with the truck generation forums. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not too mention, someone starts talking X Generation Super Duty, and all the knowledgeable people here will have to go look up the model years for each generation.

It doesn't get much simpler than OBS, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4. Ford kinda messed it up with the 6.7 when they started making the "minor" changes, but keeping the displacement.

So keeping it the Engine size forums will be easier to work with?

What do you think if we keep the Engine size forums sections but like someone mentioned above, possibly add the Generation forums for everything else, as in Suspension, Interior, Exterior, Audio and Electronics and so on. They should all have some changes per gen within those categories, right?

Latest posts

Members online