What causes combustion imbalance code

Dieselroller

Reaction score
Truck runs fine till about 50mph. Then starts acting like it has a miss and stumbles. A code for cylinder 3 and sometimes 8 comes up. Says combustion imbalance. What is this and how do you fix it. Just had it at ps magic several months ago got new heads , head studs ,oil cooler the whole coolant system replaced.i also notice one of the bolts on the exhaust manifold looks missing when cold it idles a little ruff. Any help would be great

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Truck runs fine till about 50mph. Then starts acting like it has a miss and stumbles. A code for cylinder 3 and sometimes 8 comes up. Says combustion imbalance. What is this and how do you fix it. Just had it at ps magic several months ago got new heads , head studs ,oil cooler the whole coolant system replaced.i also notice one of the bolts on the exhaust manifold looks missing when cold it idles a little ruff. Any help would be great

aka contribution balance fault. Replace those injectors.

patrick@WDI

Reaction score
Like everyone said injectors more than likely let me know if you need any info on ours

Patrick@WDI

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Could be an injector...could be a bent pushrod...could be a burnt piston...

If you recently had it at a shop where they had the heads off...that's where it would be taken back to...depending how it was reinstalled...most likely a bent pushrod or bad injector

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Could be an injector...could be a bent pushrod...could be a burnt piston...

If you recently had it at a shop where they had the heads off...that's where it would be taken back to...depending how it was reinstalled...most likely a bent pushrod or bad injector

Going by his symptoms it's gonna be an injector 9 times outta 10. Burnt piston it's gonna be all the time running rough. Bent push rod will do it more than just at 50 mph.

I'd go after those injectors

Latest posts

Members online