What clutch?

Timmy

Reaction score
I sold my SB clutch that I hadn't installed yet cuz I had a buddy in need for a clutch bad. What clutch will hold up to my current setup? It'll be my dd and I'll pull/race it rarely. I want it to hold the power and a few boosted launches but don't need a stiff clutch as I sit in traffic on my commute home. Not loyal to SB or valair just looking for the best setup. Do I need a dual disk or single? Steel or ceramic? Thanks for the help

02strokin

Reaction score
I run a Kenny's dual disk it's the all out pullin clutch an love it.. No updated hydros needed goes off factory an nice an smooth!! I've had sbc single actually 2 an hated both.. Just my 2 cents

hwrdbd

Reaction score
I didn't like the way mine shifted with a SB dual disk.

What do you run in it now?

To the op, if you're looking to hold the power of 400/400 and a 468, and still be a daily driver, you're pretty much stuck with a DD. Its not the pedal pressure that sucks in traffic, its how grabby they are lol. But it is something you can live with.

Timmy

Reaction score
I can live with a dual disk. I've got a centerforce dd on my mustang. Any opinion in what company to go with? SB or valair or ky clutch?

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
What do you run in it now?

To the op, if you're looking to hold the power of 400/400 and a 468, and still be a daily driver, you're pretty much stuck with a DD. Its not the pedal pressure that sucks in traffic, its how grabby they are lol. But it is something you can live with.

An auto, 4r100.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
I second kenny. I have his iron clutch in my daily it works great. It took some getting used to but once I figured it out I have no problems.

hwrdbd

Reaction score
I second kenny. I have his iron clutch in my daily it works great. It took some getting used to but once I figured it out I have no problems.

What is your clutch rated for? Do you do much towing, any sled pulls or drag racing?

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
I haul a 26' goose neck four or five times a year. I go to the track half a dozen times a year. I don't do any sled pulls with it. When I talked to Kenny, he told me the sintered iron is rated for 750hp.

Timmy

Reaction score
On Kenny's site, his 7.3 clutches are rated for 550hp. My combo should make more than that. What clutches are guys running with more than 600hp? I'm not putting a built auto in the truck. I enjoy driving a 6 speed

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
On Kenny's site, his 7.3 clutches are rated for 550hp. My combo should make more than that. What clutches are guys running with more than 600hp? I'm not putting a built auto in the truck. I enjoy driving a 6 speed

I enjoyed my 6sp. to, before I put a dual disk in. LOL

Jason

Reaction score
I was one od those guys that didn't mind a heavy clutch pedal, or a grabby clutch, because as said..you learn to drive it normal. If you want to hold high hp, it's one of those things you dealt with. Well, after experiencing the super light pedal in my mustang, and then driving some of our trucks at work..holy hell. I do p&d, and some of our trucks the pedal is so damn heavy that trying to back slowly to a dock, or manuever, your leg will be shaking like a whore in church trying to slip the pedal. Then I get in my car and try to push the clutch through the floor lol.

Petro

Reaction score
I was one od those guys that didn't mind a heavy clutch pedal, or a grabby clutch, because as said..you learn to drive it normal. If you want to hold high hp, it's one of those things you dealt with. Well, after experiencing the super light pedal in my mustang, and then driving some of our trucks at work..holy hell. I do p&d, and some of our trucks the pedal is so damn heavy that trying to back slowly to a dock, or manuever, your leg will be shaking like a whore in church trying to slip the pedal. Then I get in my car and try to push the clutch through the floor lol.

This ^^^^

A heavy clutch takes a lot of getting used to and once you get used to it, don't drive anything with a light clutch ever again LOL. My current truck has a real heavy clutch, not sure why but it took me a good week to get it down perfect.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
On Kenny's site, his 7.3 clutches are rated for 550hp
Call Kenny and talk to him I bet he can put one together for you. That's what he did for me. I called and he asked what I did with the truck and what I was looking for and he put one together for me.

02strokin

Reaction score
Call Kenny and talk to him I bet he can put one together for you. That's what he did for me. I called and he asked what I did with the truck and what I was looking for and he put one together for me.[/QUOTE

This^^^^ built mine next day an had it sittin in my driveway the following day!! Great guy an service!!!

Timmy

Reaction score
This ^^^^

A heavy clutch takes a lot of getting used to and once you get used to it, don't drive anything with a light clutch ever again LOL. My current truck has a real heavy clutch, not sure why but it took me a good week to get it down perfect.

I drive a split 10 spd KW with a 3406e cat for work so I'm used to a stiff clutch. My left leg has gotten a lot stronger the past 2 years lol.

Call Kenny and talk to him I bet he can put one together for you. That's what he did for me. I called and he asked what I did with the truck and what I was looking for and he put one together for me.

Thanks man. I'll call him tomorrow

hwrdbd

Reaction score
The key with that kwopper is only use the clutch when sitting at lights and switching forward to reverse lol. Save a lot of wear on that left leg.

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
Honestly, the clutch I got from Kenny is the same as factory when it comes to peddle weight. I might even say it's a little lighter then factory. It's the grab that is different. That's what took some time to get used to.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have a 3800lb(3780lb to be exact, had it tested) dual disc ceramic kennys clutch in my 01. It makes lots of noise when the lever is pushed in... its quite a bit stiffer then stock.. very jumpy/grabby but I found that if you rev it up over 1000 rpm it engages way way smoother.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.