What could have caused LPOP failure ?

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
So we seem to have narrowed my now start down to a Bad LPOP so my question is along with the $450 cover, gears, xxxxxxxx what else do I need to instal to keep this from happening again? Oil cooler? The truck was having rough idle conditions for about 10sec every morning when it's below 50* or so

907DAVE

Reaction score
You sure its not injectors or HPOP leak like every other 6 oh?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
have you even inspected it yet? or do you just have no base oil psi and are assuming its the pump itself?

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Checked for oil at the filter during start and nothing also checked the gauge during long start and there was no fluctuation . It started as a no start troubleshoot and this is where we are at ? FICM reads 48v , unplugged icp sensor and truck still won't start there is fuel in he bowl .. Idk what else it could be

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
You sure its not injectors or HPOP leak like every other 6 oh?

From what I have learned for the hpop to get oil the lpop has to pump it there which it pumps through the oil filter first and since I'm not getting oil at the filter it would appear that the lpop is not pumping

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
With something like this you need to take it to a shop to get diag. Otherwise your gonna just waste money. Its worth it in the long run.

Mahdeys

Reaction score
If you have no oil pressure at the test port then you have a bad lpop. Out of the ~40 365's (6.0 in an international) the lpop was bad when I had no oil pressure, obviously.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
First thing I would check at this point is to pull the regulator, and make sure its not hung wide open. Have had a few like that.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Is the regulator something I can pull out and inspect without having the new parts on standby ?

Yeah, it should be a 10mm Allen plug on the pass side of the balanced pulley. Come from underneath the truck, and you'll see it. When you take it out there should be no pressure. If it comes out like a rocket she was hung. Inspect closely if it does the later.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

nvme_63

Reaction score
If the lpop did fail you need to determine why. Make sure nothing went threw the pump, I have had a few come in where the lifter came apart and sent needle bearings threw the lpop.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
If the lpop did fail you need to determine why. Make sure nothing went threw the pump, I have had a few come in where the lifter came apart and sent needle bearings threw the lpop.

That would be unfortunate that would almost require the motor to be rebuilt wouldn't it?

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
I'm just having a hard time accepting that my motor could be shot. It was running great the day before and started the morning I had the no start but died shortly after could I really have a shot motor? I'm going to try to pull off the lpop tomorrow!

Latest posts

Members online