What did I fry?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Finally got my trans back and in. Loaded new updated tunes, some weird alarm is going off but the livewire screen say nothing and is loading normally. Finished loading turn the key...nothing. Figure out my batteries are near dead, even though all the lights stereo etc was working. New batteries, return to stock, reload tunes, start....nothing. Code P0605 "internal control module read only memory ROM error" Did I fry my TCM? Or something else?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I dont think u fried anything if all is working fine. Sounds like ur batteries went low and the sct livewire had a communication issue with the ecm and set off the code. Is the code a active code or inactive code?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
The ecm had problems communicating with low batteries triggered the code then u put new batteries in and the ecm could read again with full power and moved the code into fords history code section.

Im going off how i know codes Active codes r codes that r showing up as a present problem and a inactive code is something that was triggered then fixed like ur battery problem and stored in a history file.

Hope this helps it gets very confusing with explaining codes. If i remember correctly i had that code when i relocated my batteries and it went away after a drive cycle. It was in the generic menu.

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Ok im happy i could help. I hate dealing with codes. It should clear after a drive cycle.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It doesn't turn over at all. Nothing. I didn't clear the code, so I could write it down. Do you think clearing it will allow it to turn over?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Eric i screwed up. I mis-read wat u said. Pretty much wat i said means nothing now. Somebody can post the correct stuff u need to know. Sorry for mucking up ur thread.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I would clear it and start all over. As always radio off hvac off try to keep a minimal draw.This is what ford always suggests. Double check all connections as well. I had a similar thing when I took my cab off. A double check and restart fixed mine.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I would clear it and start all over. As always radio off hvac off try to keep a minimal draw.This is what ford always suggests. Double check all connections as well. I had a similar thing when I took my cab off. A double check and restart fixed mine.

After I put in the new batteries everything appeared to load fine. I always have everything off when tuning also. Even had chargers on since the batteries were new. I will try clearing everything tomorrow. I know it isn't a bad connection. I know the wiring harness on the trans is on and that is all I touched electrical wise.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling the same happened to me. Did you have to get your tunes redone to accept the new PCM or is that just with new TCM's?

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Well good luck let us know. Worse that can happen is nothing and you will be expecting that.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
well. I got a new PCM from ford under warranty and it has the newest flash(may 28) so as of now no one can tune it yet. there's a sticky thread up about it I startedi think

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
well. I got a new PCM from ford under warranty and it has the newest flash(may 28) so as of now no one can tune it yet. there's a sticky thread up about it I startedi think

Sct has tunes for it. Not sure about other pepple but I just finished deleting mine last night.

To the op Idk if this will work for you or not but try this. (it worked for me)
1. set parking brake
2. Trans in park (or nuetral if it standard)
3. key on
4. Next to your passenger battery there is a single wire with a connector on it, unplug that wire. And then touch the end going to the starter to your positive battery terminal. The truck should crank and start if the pcm is good.

After that plug the wire back up and clear codes before shutting the truck off. After you turn the truck off it should start normally!

Latest posts

Members online