What did I fry?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
FALSE ALARM! Turns out the shift linkage wasn't set right. I retuned everything this morning and tried starting it in N. It did, set the linkage correctly and now it starts in P too. Sorry for the drama.

eric.davis

Reaction score
FALSE ALARM! Turns out the shift linkage wasn't set right. I retuned everything this morning and tried starting it in N. It did, set the linkage correctly and now it starts in P too. Sorry for the drama.

Glad you got everything worked out Erik

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Sct has tunes for it. Not sure about other pepple but I just finished deleting mine last night.

To the op Idk if this will work for you or not but try this. (it worked for me)
1. set parking brake
2. Trans in park (or nuetral if it standard)
3. key on
4. Next to your passenger battery there is a single wire with a connector on it, unplug that wire. And then touch the end going to the starter to your positive battery terminal. The truck should crank and start if the pcm is good.

After that plug the wire back up and clear codes before shutting the truck off. After you turn the truck off it should start normally!

This is good info im going to copy this info and put it in the tech library if you dont mind?

Erik im glad you got it figured out, i was going to ask if it was neutral safety or not but i see you got it going.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Thanks guys, now I just have a connection issue with the output shaft sensor. Setting codes, but pretty sure it is due to the connection to the harness. The clip that clicks when connected is broken, I taped it together but obviously that isn't working. Will mess with it tomorrow when I have time.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Update: No codes, shifting and running like a beast again! Happy to finnaly be back in that drivers seat. :clapping:

Danbonzo

Reaction score
That is definitely cool news. Did you happen to get price for a new PCM before you figured out it was the linkage? They can't be cheap.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That is definitely cool news. Did you happen to get price for a new PCM before you figured out it was the linkage? They can't be cheap.

No, I never got that far. Talked to others and thought it out and tried to start it in N to make sure and it fired. So then I knew it was not PCM related.

Latest posts

Members online