What Do You Keep Your Tire Pressure At?

Atsah

Reaction score
Says 80 PSI cold.. What PSI is best for not towing, highway driving, best MPG without bouncing down the road? I'm use to a 1 ton towing stuff all time so I kept them high but now have a 250 SCSB..

Radio

Reaction score
When i got my new tires put on a few weeks ago the tire shop had them up at 80psi. I dropped them down to 60 in the front and 50-55 in the rear. That helped the ride out alot.

Atsah

Reaction score
I just checked them and there all at 75 PSI, I didn't notice it being hard riding but I'm taking a long trip in a day or two and didn't want to be on the freeway bouncing all over the road but I also want to get the highest MPG possible..

tbsimmons

Reaction score
For mileage - higher pressure
For tire wear - Take a pain pen and draw a line across the tread on a front and rear tire.
Drive straight for about a block.
Take a look at the line.
If the line is gone in the middle and not the sides, too much air. If gone on the sides and not the middle, too little air. All gone just perfect. Rear will be a lot less than the front.
When I do this it is usually at cold tire pressure. So I make sure that I am wearing on the outside just a little bit.

Atsah

Reaction score
I run 65-70 in the front and 45-50 in the rear when not towing.

Will the TPMS let you lower the rear tire pressure much?

No, the TPMS goes off at 60 PSI.. If I bring it to the dealer, they can set the TPMS lower so it wont come on.. I put them at 65 PSI and that seemed to do the trick.. I have to keep an eye on the wear though..

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I use the chalk method, so i can just roll a few turn in the drive way instead of a block with the paint stick. But this only works on new tires as if u wear them funny, and then do a chalk. U will get funny results.

Latest posts

Members online