What have you done to your powerstroke today?

cbf9703

Reaction score
Well it's Amazon Music, but you get the free ones if you have Prime. There are tons and tons of Prime songs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I use Amazon mp3 as well. Some of the old CDs I bought on Amazon years ago apparently now have free digital copies too, so they randomly pop up in my playlist.

I used to order more from Amazon, maybe I'll have to look into getting prime.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Amazon Prime through Amazon Music homie.... $99/ yr and tons of free songs...plus free 2 day shipping to boot. To hell with I-ripoff..

But just get a CD player head unit with a USB port. Can then play your songs off your phone, and still have that "retro" option of popping a cd in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm currently on my free month trial of prime and I've been buying blue rays out the Ying yang for dirt cheap. I noticed the free music with prime.

I haven't really looked into it because I'm still debating on paying for prime. I have switched to buying songs from amazon recently though.

So with the app, I can just plug my phone in and play it from the Amazon music app? Wonder if I can get a head unit with some sort of memory or even the music app installed.

Biggest thing is, I lose phone chargers mysteriously lol I don't wanna drain my phone down, or doesn't it draw it down as bad as just using my phones music player?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Though I'll probably buy prime anyway. Their pantry program is pretty sweet. Plus I saw where like a gallon of Dawn is like 8 bucks lol

cbf9703

Reaction score
I'm currently on my free month trial of prime and I've been buying blue rays out the Ying yang for dirt cheap. I noticed the free music with prime.

I haven't really looked into it because I'm still debating on paying for prime. I have switched to buying songs from amazon recently though.

So with the app, I can just plug my phone in and play it from the Amazon music app? Wonder if I can get a head unit with some sort of memory or even the music app installed.

Biggest thing is, I lose phone chargers mysteriously lol I don't wanna drain my phone down, or doesn't it draw it down as bad as just using my phones music player?

I use the Amazon music app on my phone- it's the same as any other music player. If you let the screen sleep while it's playing it's not bad on the battery. You can choose to play from what's downloaded on your phone or stream from your cloud library. If you have Bluetooth or an aux cord, you can hook it through whatever radio and play.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
I use the Amazon music app on my phone- it's the same as any other music player. If you let the screen sleep while it's playing it's not bad on the battery. You can choose to play from what's downloaded on your phone or stream from your cloud library. If you have Bluetooth or an aux cord, you can hook it through whatever radio and play.

Sweet, I'm going over tomorrow to look at them and possibly get it installed if they'll do it whilst I'm there. They said around 400 for a touchscreen installed. I'm sure it has Bluetooth and who knows what else.

Might even upgrade the front speakers since I'm at it lol

Emery19

Reaction score
hopefully getting it back today for good. There was nothing wrong with it; the problem was when i moved from DE to NJ, the condo association at my new places has very vague rules on trucks. There's a sign pulling in that says no trucks, and the bylaws say no trucks, trailers, or disabled vehicles. Truck went to PA for the last 5 months to my friends place as she said she'd keep it for me till i could figure it out. it just so happened she bought a house so i guess it worked out, and i was over there a lot anyways.

Parents are coming back through PA after dropping my sister off at school and offered to bring my truck back for me as it was always a hassle trying to figure out how to get over there and back with it without making it complicated. been studying the trends of the people at my new place recently and there's a few 150s, an Avalanche and i've seen a couple Super Duties fairly regularly so i'm just going to chance it and bring the truck back and see what they say. i'm sick of not having it.

I'm sure some of you are wondering why i moved to a place that had this silly rule, but it was one of those deals that was to good to pass up that will turn into home ownership LOL

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
My mother lived in a place that had a bylaw of no trucks, so stupid. They changed the law about 6 months after we moved in.
So you're saying a straight piped 6.0 with a stage 2 vgt turbo in high idle would be frowned upon?

My biggest fear about moving. Along with having to run an extension cord through a parking lot from my apartment lol

Emery19

Reaction score
My mother lived in a place that had a bylaw of no trucks, so stupid. They changed the law about 6 months after we moved in.

here in NJ? where abouts? its parked out side now, its not like they're lacking for spots and its backed up in the corner of the lot under some trees. so its not in anyone's way. if they say anything about it i guess i'll just pose the question as to why. if they're concerned about appearance theres plenty other vehicles kicking around this lot that look far worse (falling apart, rusting, beat up)

My only concern is I still rent this place and I don't want them going after my family friend who owns the unit I'm living in because i'm breaking the rules. my argument is there's other trucks in here so why single me out.

So you're saying a straight piped 6.0 with a stage 2 vgt turbo in high idle would be frowned upon?

My biggest fear about moving. Along with having to run an extension cord through a parking lot from my apartment lol

haha it would certainly be frowned upon here LOL i've strolled around here and i have the only modified vehicles in the neighborhood. and i know some of the older people who live around here arent going to be happy about the noise of my truck, luckily i can idle it right out of the development without having to do much. however they deal with the jabroni with the Expedition with the surf fishing racks and exhaust leak so I'm not to worried about it.

as far as the extension cord, i hope i never have to run one, i dont think i have one that long

Bfind

Reaction score
Tunes

So I've been working on my 15' 6.7 with an sct live wire ts is there any way to turn up idle with out a custom tune with all this cold weather I would like to be able to set an high idle on it for warming up in the mornings also who out there has good custom tunes for a reasonable price for the 6.7 thanks

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Cleaned it up a lil inside and out, reinstalled tool box/horse coffin... LOL

0c41a06038c4d9b99a7950f7ed8faabb.jpg

f173045172ec54255cbd1271aa3a6380.jpg

sent from the best place on earth! TEXAS!

Emery19

Reaction score
You have a common rail. Yes it's nice to have instant heat but not a necessary to start as it is on the Heui engines.

yeah i know, i think i plugged it in once since i've owned it. and it was when i lived up north and windchill was in the negatives and it was for piece of mind. i have bigger problems then an extension cord if i ever have to plug it in where i live now. i was more or less making a comparison to what he was saying.

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
You have a common rail. Yes it's nice to have instant heat but not a necessary to start as it is on the Heui engines.
My uncle and old man have 6.7's and I'm jealous on how easy theirs turn over without being plugged in. Don't even grunt when it's around 5 degrees.

Mine grunts, cusses, shakes, and sounds like the internals are making a grand entrance into the motor bay lol

6fourstroker

Reaction score

Speaking of this. I also have a 6.7 and this is my first winter with it. We have had some zero days but mostly 10 degrees or so. Truck has zero problem starting on its own but as you stated I'm in it for instant heat.

The couple times I've plugged it up my coolant only got to 70-something with my oil being in the 30's... When my 6.4 that I had last winter would be at 100/100 for both..

Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kbuterbaugh04

Reaction score
Got my new radio installed. Don't know how to act with this new finangled technology lol

6542d3d91b3db1c8b8b65bc7308e845b.jpg

7a31afe7dd12d1c7f7f81fc95358c911.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.