what injectors&where 2 buy em&more parts?

cutthroatxxx

Reaction score
So I need 3 injectors 2 uvch, 2glow plugs &glow plug harness.So should I just buy 2 glow plugs or all 8?also where should I get the injectors?Has anyone ever dealt with diesel care&performace.Also my dually is a 99.5 what injectors do I need?They have some that say aa,ae ad etc.So.if anyone knows Id appreciate it&if you can suggest somewhere to get all of this stuff Id appreciate it thanks.Oh btw do I buy 99 or 2000 parts?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So I need 3 injectors 2 uvch, 2glow plugs &glow plug harness.So should I just buy 2 glow plugs or all 8?also where should I get the injectors?Has anyone ever dealt with diesel care&performace.Also my dually is a 99.5 what injectors do I need?They have some that say aa,ae ad etc.So.if anyone knows Id appreciate it&if you can suggest somewhere to get all of this stuff Id appreciate it thanks.Oh btw do I buy 99 or 2000 parts?

I would replace all 8 glow plugs and both valve cover gaskets and harnesses. The injectors if you are not getting aftermarket performance injectors ie swamps fullforce and you are staying with stock power and stock OEM ford stock injectors hook up sunrise ford parts on here.

For the type of injectors you have AD injectors AE was a long lead injector and was placed in #8 cylinder on certain trucks to help cure "crackle" (injector knock).

For the VC gaskets and glow plugs/harnesses stick with ford OEM. Chinese aftermarket parts ie napa etc don't do well on these trucks.

rustbucket

Reaction score
HA! Powerstroke Man 6.4 beat me to the finish

Get motorcraft plugs and replaced them as a set. I would get injectors from Full Force, Unlimited or Swamps. You can find them in the vendor section of the site. If your truck is a 99.5 then parts for 99.5-2003 is what you need. And your injectors are AD with one AE in the number 8 cylinder. Thats cylinder gets oil and fuel last so the AE is a long lead injector to compensate.

Last edited:

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Riff Raff has very good prices on oe stuff, gaskets, sensors, ets. And if you have the cash i would get all 8 glow plugs and injectors so they all flow the same, and you wont have issues with old ones going out.

And full force, p.i.s., swamps, unlimited performance, all will get you set up with injectors for good prices.

mandkole

Reaction score
IMO, If you need to do 3, you should do all 8. The set is usually cheaper ,plus you have good orings on all of them, and I know you're trying to save money. That said, how could the shop really determine the injs were bad if the harness was broken and power supply unknown? Take your time, do the plugs and wiring first, then look at the injs again when you have good power.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would replace all 8 glow plugs and both valve cover gaskets and harnesses. The injectors if you are not getting aftermarket performance injectors ie swamps fullforce and you are staying with stock power and stock OEM ford stock injectors hook up sunrise ford parts on here.

For the type of injectors you have AD injectors AE was a long lead injector and was placed in #8 cylinder on certain trucks to help cure "crackle" (injector knock).

For the VC gaskets and glow plugs/harnesses stick with ford OEM. Chinese aftermarket parts ie napa etc don't do well on these trucks.
yup!
IMO, If you need to do 3, you should do all 8. The set is usually cheaper ,plus you have good orings on all of them, and I know you're trying to save money. That said, how could the shop really determine the injs were bad if the harness was broken and power supply unknown? Take your time, do the plugs and wiring first, then look at the injs again when you have good power.
and yup!!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online