What is this part?

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I'm replcing the front cover on an 03 6.0 and the kit I got from ford (3c3z-6608-b) has this part and I have no idea what it is or where it goes. Also, is there a reason why this kit includes 2 sets of harmonic balancer bolts or was it a packaging error?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387332325963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387332325963.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 84

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I was thinking it was for the oil bypass valve but it doesn't fit nor does the old cover/valve contain it.

loboost

Reaction score
Is it smooth all the way around? Or have a keyway?

sent while driving recklessly

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
I called Tusley Ford where I bought the kit and the parts guy pulled one off the shelf and has no idea. He said he is going to ask around and do some research and give me a call back. Those guys ROCK! My local dealer are act like they are inconvenienced when I simply order a part, never the less ask them a question.

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
The guy from Tousley got back to me. His answer; No one knows. The shops guess is that it is a restrictor that goes between the cover and the intake where the large o-ring goes. It cradles in the hole and sits just below the o-ring and once the intake is tight it should be sandwiched in there. Their other theory is it goes in the heater hose. Apparently there is a service notice saying excessive coolant flow through the heater core can cause it to resonate. sense the old setup doesn't have it, it's going in the random crap bucket.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.