What is this?

Spoolin'

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431928391.218836.jpg

Can someone explain what this is and the geometry behind it? Any advantages or disadvantages compared to a traditional setup? Or this just trying to be "different"?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Looks like an aftermarket coil conversion for a leaf sprung truck. Skyjackers z-link comes to mind.

The ugly paint is just that. Ugly paint.

Isobaric

Reaction score
What it is: Hazardous.
Advantages over a traditional setup: None.
Disadvantages: All.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
Looks like an aftermarket coil conversion for a leaf sprung truck. Skyjackers z-link comes to mind.

The ugly paint is just that. Ugly paint.

I figured it was a conversion, I've just never seen one setup like that, conversion or not. Just looked up their z link, and it looks very similar. First I've ever seen that, thanks for the info. Is there any reason why one would go with a "z" link? I think it looks extremely ugly so I'm hoping it has some performance benefit. Judging by the looks of the truck and the choice of wheels maybe it's just easier to install...

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Bagged trucks have been running rear set ups like that for years. Never understood it.

Isobaric

Reaction score
Care to give a little more detail? Just curious

Because Skyjacker.

The design looks to have minimal triangulation, as indicated by the enormous panhard bar.

Having such short links, at such high angles is going to drive the instant center up.

I'm going to bet it under-steers like a mother.

Hard to tell from the picture what they are doing for steering, but I would almost guarantee that the drag link is neither the same length or angle as the panhard bar. Hello bump steer.

Just my $0.02

Latest posts

Members online