what kind of fuel psi

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've run my veggie side up to 95psi consistently without any issues. That just feeds in to the back of the heads so the only stock part of the fuel system that sees that is the injectors themselves.

the chad

Reaction score
Wouldn't it physically put less strain on the motor simply due to back pressure or am I thinking wrong here?

Sniper32

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark here, but could thos be similar to when you are pumping gas? Meaning if you pump that hardest it can you splashing and foaming in the fuel which inturn shuts off the pump before the tank is actually full...where as if you pump at a slower setting it is a calmer flow allowing the pump to completely fill the tank before shutoff.
So if you picture your fuel lines at the pump and injectors as the tank. Maybe at higher psi ypu not truely filling the injectors, and with lower psi i get a full injector body creating more power.

Like i said a shot in the dark! I wont be offended if anyone wants to call me a dumba$$ but the argument has logic to me.

Donovan

Reaction score
Alright so what do I need to do to turn the fuel pressure down in my truck?

svilla

Reaction score
short answer, Install a regulated return. If you are running all stock fuel system from the pump to injectors, I wouldn't worry about it to much. You should however, have some way to monitor fuel PSI. You do not want to run any less than 45psi, it will kill your injectors.

Last edited:

Latest posts