what min/max rpm on the dyno?

Reaction score
Sorry I don't conform to the cliche diesel clique Of opening my wallet blindly.

rps20150505_213717.jpg

Tell me what I'm missing here, please...
I send you my perfectly working 2015 turbo (ahead of time. No core charge) and get a new 64.7mmx92mm compressor and gt40 70.5mm turbine, which is maybe $650 in parts, a rebuild kit MIGHT be $200, and machining a turbo is usually $150 a side, so that's roughly $1150.

The other $750?

I like how you're already stooping to name calling, classy. Sorry for wanting clarification on why something costs what it does, shame on me.

So, based off of your just "wanting clarification". This is how your supposed to ask? Or are you just back pedaling?
Holy ****, $1900.
Because everyone that reads it takes it as you making an obnoxious statement...

Number one, you CANNOT base the cost off of everyone sending in a perfect turbo. Even if they do, how would you feel if you got sold someone else's 10k mile turbo that they just slapped together because it "looked" fine? Not a totally to new spec clean turbo.... No you can't do that as a business..

You can do whatever you want to your own. If your a capable machinist, engineer and turbo builder. And yes doing it yourself with no consideration for your profit, dealer profit, distributor profit or warranty cost could save you money.

As a business selling a part to the public, shops, dealers and distributors, you cannot sell without profit margin and margin built in for warranty. Plus you cannot cut corners and sell a less than quality product. If you want to keep your doors open.

Your costs are horribly wrong. Parts and machining are way off. It costs us half cost of new to just rebuild the turbo, then the warranty which now solely relies on us has to be taken into consideration. On top of that I don't think, (well I know) your not fully aware of the costs involved to machine and balance this style turbo. Remember, it's a vgt, not a plain old Borg Warner. And if you think you can sneak a larger turbine in for that cost your crazy. Hell the machining and custom pieces we had to make alone were over $1000. That did not include any parts, assembly or labor. Just to fit a bigger turbine.

In the end, I understand your thinking. I understand saving money. But, your demeanor towards our pricing and products (not just in this thread) is wrong and uncalled for. Then to justify your original statements by criticizing the retort of mine, only means that you have no basis other than your own personal vindication. For what reason I don't know.

In closing, if you can build one at such a massively low cost. I applaud you for it. But it has no bearing on what a business can do it for and still turn out a quality product with support to back it. I do encourage you to go, give it a try. You will not have the outcome you are expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online