What oil is everyone using?

The-Fett

Reaction score
I have been looking and seeing a bunch of good stuff about the premium blue 5w40. I might try that next oil change.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
id like to try ams oil. but havent heard anyone using it

I have followed this and other threads on this topic for sometime before making my choice. I have chosen to go with amsoil 15w40.
Will be doing tonight after work.
I will do the amsoil eng flush and then the new oil with OEM filters.
Will also be sending out for oil analysis

If I did not have the hook up on amsoil I would go for the schaffers 9000.

Should also note this will be my first oil change on my new to be 6.4
its got 99,500 miles

Will update when I know more.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I can't believe I don't know this...it's whatever the stealer puts in when they change it.

Did some digging when I needed the first one and the stealer does it for nearly the same price I would pay for the materials so I just let them do it.

I'm sure it's motorcraft something.

**edit XO 15w40 BSD is what it says on the receipt

Last edited:

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
I'm about to make my second oil change on my 13' and I use Amsoil Heavy Duty Diesel 15W 40. Have always used Amsoil in all my equipment ever since 1998 when I had a fuel pump go out in the Ranger I had. My mom was driving it and she didn't know what happened. Drove it about 15miles with no oil pressure and it caused no engine damage. Truck only had 140k on it at the time and I sold it with 200k 5 years later and still nothing wrong with the truck.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Farmall66

Reaction score
John Deere is what I use.
Plus-50™ II Premium Engine Oil

Applications

Plus-50 II is recommended for four-stroke naturally aspirated, turbocharged and supercharged diesel engines with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF), Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOC), and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR). Examples of applications include; heavy-duty off-road equipment, vehicles with John Deere IT4 engines, vehicles requiring CJ-4 oil, on-road trucks, marine engines, natural gas engines, pickups, and automobiles. Plus-50 II is also recommended for use in all legacy diesel engine applications where Plus-50 has been in use.

I work at a Deere dealer so it is convenient for me but I have seen some very good things with it. It works great in my 6.4.

Latest posts

Members online