What parts for 800-900 hp fuel only

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
First off this is my first post on the forums. I have been reading for a few years but never posted up. It's been a great help through my first 7.3 and now my 6.4. Now on to the actual post. My ultimate goal for my 6.4 is between 800-900 fuel only horsepower. I'm curious what part combos you guys are running to achieve that kind of power, also specs on parts such as coated pistons delipped or coated etc what stage heads or cams things of that nature. I'm fully aware of the money involved but this is what I bought the truck for was a build of my dreams. Any help is appreciated. Thank you to everyone in advanced.

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
I have used the search feature and read that particular sticky several times now. My question though on pistons for example do I need them delipped? Do they need to have valve recesses? I have been building racing motor for about 7 years now but this is my first performance diesel build so some smaller details I'm still not totally clear on. I have read and understand I need stage 2 heads and cams and dual fuelers things like that. Also I am going to stick with compounds as the truck will be driven 3-5 times a week and used to tow about 5k lbs once or twice a month

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
I read that also but I'm building from a bare block in my shop so I figured might as well go all out lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
I have used the search feature and read that particular sticky several times now. My question though on pistons for example do I need them delipped? Do they need to have valve recesses? I have been building racing motor for about 7 years now but this is my first performance diesel build so some smaller details I'm still not totally clear on. I have read and understand I need stage 2 heads and cams and dual fuelers things like that. Also I am going to stick with compounds as the truck will be driven 3-5 times a week and used to tow about 5k lbs once or twice a month

Hmmm.....

sootie

Reaction score
the easiest, cheapest route, assuming you have done all deletes and head studs:

RCD 75/59 stock appearing chargers
dual fueler
60% nozzles
HD valve springs,
chromoly pushrods,
an aggressive tune from Gearhead,
no limit cold air intake,
a built trans.

that should bump you over 800hp.

Reliability mods and extra things can go to the moon and back.

Delipped, fly cut and coated pistons.
cam,
hd lifters,
wastegate,
hot and cold side piping,
ported intake manifold,
100% nozzles
big compounds
traction bars,
ccv reroute
forged rods,

the list goes on ... will be 900+

78f100

Reaction score
My truck made 902 on a .68 jet of spray, bumped for a split second right at the start of the pull. My motor has stock rods, coated ih pistons, rcd pushrods, valve springs, and cam. Dual pumps with 60% nozzles, max power turbos( by the way they are for sale). It has been a blast, I have daily driven it about 40k miles, towed, and lots of track passes. It has a rod or main bearing making some noise now so I'm going to tear it down but it owes me nothing. Fuel and air are the most important in making big power, like others have said you can spend whatever you want on longevity. Lots of 800+ stock motored trucks on here.
My next motor will likely have good rods. It's a gamble either way, good rods can still break if something g else let's go.
You will need a good trans, and traction bars will be a must-have.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
My truck made 902 on a .68 jet of spray, bumped for a split second right at the start of the pull. My motor has stock rods, coated ih pistons, rcd pushrods, valve springs, and cam. Dual pumps with 60% nozzles, max power turbos( by the way they are for sale). It has been a blast, I have daily driven it about 40k miles, towed, and lots of track passes. It has a rod or main bearing making some noise now so I'm going to tear it down but it owes me nothing. Fuel and air are the most important in making big power, like others have said you can spend whatever you want on longevity. Lots of 800+ stock motored trucks on here.
My next motor will likely have good rods. It's a gamble either way, good rods can still break if something g else let's go.
You will need a good trans, and traction bars will be a must-have.

Still building the race truck in your sig?

gawaterfowler

Reaction score
78f100 pm me how much you're asking for the turbos. And thanks guy kind of the info I was looking for. I know most of the pieces I need but looking for battle proven combos as a few of you have suggested. Thanks again and keep em coming the build list has begun!

78f100

Reaction score
Yes but it's a slow go, never enough time to work on it, I have all the parts but rods. Being my black truck is going down I'm putting it back close to stock and swapping trans, dual fueler and a few other parts to the reg cab.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Yes but it's a slow go, never enough time to work on it, I have all the parts but rods. Being my black truck is going down I'm putting it back close to stock and swapping trans, dual fueler and a few other parts to the reg cab.

Awesome can't wait to see that RC.

sootie

Reaction score
78f100 pm me how much you're asking for the turbos. And thanks guy kind of the info I was looking for. I know most of the pieces I need but looking for battle proven combos as a few of you have suggested. Thanks again and keep em coming the build list has begun!

my suggestion is to pm Ncollins64 on here. his truck was a stout combo and made around 1000hp fuel only.

his parts are for sale and he is a damn good dude.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.