what RA for resurfacing 7.3 block and heads to?

jaybuller

Reaction score
I posted this over on the nation too, but just incase theres someone over here that doesnt visit that site....
i am going to be rebuilding my 7.3 soon. i want to know what RA i need to get the machinist to resurface the block deck and heads too? thanks yall last time i built a 7.3 i just cleaned the block deck with a green pad and called it good. It held fine with studs but might as well do this one the "right" way and give my headgaskets somthing better to stuck against....

Charles

Reaction score
I posted this over on the nation too, but just incase theres someone over here that doesnt visit that site....
i am going to be rebuilding my 7.3 soon. i want to know what RA i need to get the machinist to resurface the block deck and heads too? thanks yall last time i built a 7.3 i just cleaned the block deck with a green pad and called it good. It held fine with studs but might as well do this one the "right" way and give my headgaskets somthing better to stuck against....

IIRC, Cometic asked for an RA of like 50 or so. The factory gasket wouldn't need anything that out of line, but I can't give you a number. That is however, at least a point of reference.

jaybuller

Reaction score
Thanks Charles,
i will be useing a factory headgasket. If anyone else knows feel free to chime in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.