What should i do next with my 6.4?

Vaidelis

Reaction score
Hey guys i am kind a new with 6.4 . Need somebody's advice on what should i do next . I did EGR delete DPF delete . I have 5 inch AFE exhaust and air intake also minimaxx . Should i eliminate EGR valve completely and run elbow ?Let me know your opinion guys just but a truck 5 months ago. Just trying to do it correctly and get most life out of my engine . Truck has 78K on it . Thanks

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hey guys i am kind a new with 6.4 . Need somebody's advice on what should i do next . I did EGR delete DPF delete . I have 5 inch AFE exhaust and air intake also minimaxx . Should i eliminate EGR valve completely and run elbow ?Let me know your opinion guys just but a truck 5 months ago. Just trying to do it correctly and get most life out of my engine . Truck has 78K on it . Thanks

If you still have box tunes buy a MCC unlock and get some Gearhead tunes.

DWhite

Reaction score
I also recommend mcc and Gearhead tunes. I would get rid of the egr completely and buy the No Limit cold side cac kit. It comes with the elbow and the cold side pipe to the intercooler. I would also look into doing a low pressure fuel pump, (lpfp) since the factory one is lacking in the filtration and water speration.
It just depends on what kind of budget you have.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I also recommend mcc and Gearhead tunes. I would get rid of the egr completely and buy the No Limit cold side cac kit. It comes with the elbow and the cold side pipe to the intercooler. I would also look into doing a low pressure fuel pump, (lpfp) since the factory one is lacking in the filtration and water speration.
It just depends on what kind of budget you have.

^^^^ what he said. lots of little changes oyu can make to get it running MUCHO better. hit me up if i can help !

madman1234509

Reaction score
Mcc unlock with custom tunes would be my first change, and probably what you'll get the most noticeable difference in drive quality as far as how the truck runs and shifting.

Vaidelis

Reaction score
Can somebody send me a link where i can purchase MCC UNLOCK WITH GEARHEAD TUNES ?Also thank you everybody for reply !

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Any other suggestions guys ?What about turbos ?

if you like you can call the shop or text me and i can explain the options and help you figure out what suits your goals the best . shoot me a pm if i can be of help .

sootie

Reaction score
op what are your goals with the truck? that will help us make recommendations...

Vaidelis

Reaction score
Hey, guys thanks for responds. Yeah i got all ******s ******** tune and i think i am ready for more power :) But still want truck to be in a safe mode as much as posible .I want to get most life out of my stock engine . So i was thinking about Turbos .

d.evil

Reaction score
Personally I'd be thinking about studs before looking at turbos. I'd always be worried about enjoying the turbos to full potential without studs.

Vaidelis

Reaction score
I decided to do studs and go with 69mm H&S single turbo . Do you guys think H&S single turbo is good choise ? Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.