What synthetic oil is everybody using?

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
I've been looking at amsoil. I want to go synethetic, just don't know if ppl are going with 10w30, 15w40, or 5w30? Any suggestions? What are y'all running?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Rotella t6 5w40 synthetic for me.. I wouldn't waste my money by spending it on amsoil that cost twice as much.

2x as much? I thought they were pretty close to the same price last I checked. Has Amsoil increased that much? I know my Rotella T6 with a motorcraft filter usually runs me around $150 or so. Of course I just buy 4 gallons and a filter.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Amsoil is only around $2.00 more a quart and I have used oil analysis that would make you change your mind about Rotella.

Why not post it? A LOT of us run Rotella T6. I would run Amsoil, but Rotella is far easier to get locally.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I have ran both Rotella T6 and Amsoil, and it didn't make a bit of difference in how my truck ran. I would be interested to see an oil analysis of the two.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Rotella t6 5w40 before I totaled it. Ran rotell 15w40 non synthetic at first and noticed a big difference when I changed.

Really? I noticed almost no change in going from the 15w-40 to the 5w-40 synthetic. I think the Rotella 15w-40 standard stuff is one of the best non synthetics I've run though. I run the T6 now just for peace of mind.

Kbryant777

Reaction score
Really? I noticed almost no change in going from the 15w-40 to the 5w-40 synthetic. I think the Rotella 15w-40 standard stuff is one of the best non synthetics I've run though. I run the T6 now just for peace of mind.

Ya, it helped on cold starts. It idled a little smoother. Don't get me wrong standard rotella is a damn good oil IMO, but synthetic did help mine out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.