What to do next?

buckeye0913

Reaction score
New to the forums and have a question for you guys. I recently bought a 2002 F350 CCSB from a buddy. It ran perfectly fine before I cracked into it with the upgrades. My question is what else do you guys think I should do to the engine/drivetrain to make it the most reliable I can? So far I have done: CNC 4 line fuel kit, rebuilt fuel bowl, MB diesel HPOP, new IPR sensor, HPX, CNC HPOP lines, 38R, WW2 6/6 wheel, hydra, S&B intake filter, BD diesel bellowed up pipes, 4" downpipe, high flow turbo outlet, AIH ******, EBPV ******d pedestal, replaced CCV doghouse Orings, oil fill tube Oring, and just have a JWVB to install still. Is there anything else I could do? Plan on getting a 6.0 trans cooler soon and injectors and JW trans after deployment. Thanks for your help

ghohouston

Reaction score
I'd look into some upgraded valve springs and pushrods if you're planning on larger injectors. Studs are good insurance, but not required on a 7.3 unless you're after crazy power.

mandkole

Reaction score
this being an 02 (with da PM rods) will want lots of tuning help if going with a bigger injector.

buckeye0913

Reaction score
well the plan at the moment is to get it extremely reliable for the time being. After deployment the engine will be taken out and the PMR will be replaced. I guess right now Im just wondering about anymore odds and ends I could replace/upgrade.

Arisley

Reaction score
Do you have a good scanner. Log some runs, see what ICP and Duty Cycle is doing.

Go with a regulated return fuel system. Even if you keep the fuel bowl. Feed the fuel in the back and out the front, does away with the dead head fuel system.

Pull the carrier out of the rear differential and replace the clutches. Stack them the way they should be rather than the way the factory stacks them.

Get some good gauges. minimum of boost, EGT and trans temp. Fuel pressure is also important to be able to monitor.

All I can think of at 4:15 in the morning.

buckeye0913

Reaction score
I have AE, I already have a brand new HPOP and IPR with literally 0 miles on them and have the 4 line fuel feed kit that eliminates the dead head. Im thinking of getting the cts2 monitor and some gauges for the A pillar. Is there a write up or anything with the differential clutch you mentioned? Im thinking there are so many things I could still do without doing the major stuff just yet, but Im new to diesels and not sure what those things could be

Arisley

Reaction score
I have AE, I already have a brand new HPOP and IPR with literally 0 miles on them and have the 4 line fuel feed kit that eliminates the dead head. Im thinking of getting the cts2 monitor and some gauges for the A pillar. Is there a write up or anything with the differential clutch you mentioned? Im thinking there are so many things I could still do without doing the major stuff just yet, but Im new to diesels and not sure what those things could be

How does feeding it from all four corners eliminate the dead head? If fuel is going in all four corners, the only way for the fuel to get out is to go through the injectors, exactly the same way as a stock fuel system. On a regulated return, the fuel goes in one end of the head and comes out the other end.

buckeye0913

Reaction score
I was under the assumption that feeding the fuel rail from all four corners would eliminate the issue with number 1 and 8 cylinders...besides that though Im looking for other things I can do, Im happy with the mods Ive done so far, its the mods I havent done or dont know about that Im interested in.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have never understood the 4 line feed kit either. Mainly because I am not sure how any air would escape from the fuel rail without going through the injector. From the pictures on the link posted, I see no return lines coming from any port on the head. This kit may eliminate fuel starvation, but it definitely will not eliminate any air in the system.

Maybe someone can explain it better, or inform me of something that I do not see on the picture?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
If its such a bad idea why was it designed that way from the drawing board? Why do factory injectors last sometimes to nearly 300k miles?

Latest posts

Members online