What to do next???????

Ig:Valley_vandal

Reaction score
Little back story. Purchased a 08 king ranch little over a year ago. Signed up on this great forum asking which modes I should do first. Most people told me to do an intake, turbo back exhaust, egr/*** ****** and a programmer.

So I installed an afe stage ii intake, 5" flopro turbo back exhaust, ******d the egr w/ intake tube, and mini maxx. Thanks to everyone that advised me to do so cause I love my truck.

Unfortunately I did have to cab off it as it had a bed plate leak. While I was in there I did studs and all new bearings. (good thing because a rod bearing was about to spin). So all new gaskets, seals, bearings and studs.

I already know I need custom tunes but what should be my next set of mods. ie. injectors, fuel pump, modified oem turbo's, single conversion etc. With your guys plethora of knowledge would make a wish list of what your next mods would with listing 1 as most important would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Lipka101

Reaction score
First we need to know what you use the truck for and how far you want to go with it. To me, it sounds like you have a solid truck that will go for a long time yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ig:Valley_vandal

Reaction score
My apologize. I mostly dd it. If I pull anything more then p***y its a couple of rzr's on a flat bed. lol I would like to keep decent mpg's and most definitely cant let my buddies 2015 dmax beat me. I'm not looking into making a 1000hp but I would like to have a quick reliable truck. I'm perfectly ok with someone saying get custom tunes and leave it. But if a bigger/better fuel pump or what ever part will make it more reliable and faster i'm all in.

On a side note has anyone heard or ran b&b performance tunes?

sootie

Reaction score
No limit intake.

Custom tunes from gear head.

Built trans and billet converter

A 59mm hp turbo with a larger atmosphere 72,3,5,6mm.

At the same time do ported intake manifold and cold side pipe.

You will then be over 600hp and it will be clean and fast. If that isn't enough-throw dual fuelers and 60% nozzles on.

Powerstroker6.4

Reaction score
No limit intake.

You will then be over 600hp and it will be clean and fast. If that isn't enough-throw dual fuelers and 60% nozzles on.
Couldnt have said it better than what Ron did^^^

My09Ride

Reaction score
I don't post often, But My goal with my 6.4 has nothing to do with racing, or sled pulls! It is only to last as long as I do (I'm 68+) I run the S***t** 210 TP Tune (with more to come). I pull a Large 5er with it and it has been awesome! If you are at the cab off point, check head bolts, injectors, and gasket. If all good Just give it more air, and less EP. Up pipes would be good too. Other then that just don't run it like it was a fleet truck or bus.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't post often, But My goal with my 6.4 has nothing to do with racing, or sled pulls! It is only to last as long as I do (I'm 68+) I run the S***t** 210 TP Tune (with more to come). I pull a Large 5er with it and it has been awesome! If you are at the cab off point, check head bolts, injectors, and gasket. If all good Just give it more air, and less EP. Up pipes would be good too. Other then that just don't run it like it was a fleet truck or bus.

stupid question , how does one check head bolts ?

NY_Mott

Reaction score
No limit intake.

+1
Solid advice.
just call me. that list can be fulfilled today !
Bingo, one stop shop with great customer service...

Only surprise to me is that you had it down to the rods and did not address the pistions!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online