What to do?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
So, I have had my truck for almost 6 months and finally have some extra money coming in. But im not sure what to do. Tuner and exhaust are first but after that I dont know.
so here is my truck when i first got it
2011-08-22_19-26-14_6.jpg

and currently
Resampled_2011-11-22_15-45-50_629.png

So, new shocks are needed soon, so should i go 2 inch rebuildable or bilstien 5100s. Also dont know if i want a pfm 3-link or 4-link. Gonna do ouo traction bars. Just looking for suggestions on anything, kinda like if it was your truck, what would you do?

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Thanks jdub, im planning on getting innovative tunes, loved them on my 6.0, i do like your waste gate kit. Egr delete im thinking about, tow power is on the list too, and with the steps I was thinking of doing them in bedliner, until I can afford the amps. Studs and gaskets when I get a beater to drive

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Idp Sct is on the way, sounded like I got the last x3 since sct no longer makes dpf delete products, also got a 5in flo-pro system coming, can't wait

TripleE44

Reaction score
Idp Sct is on the way, sounded like I got the last x3 since sct no longer makes dpf delete products, also got a 5in flo-pro system coming, can't wait

Sounds like a good purchase to me.

Like everyone else said, get AMPs. I'm normally the cheap guy that will never spend money, I ended up impulse buying AMPs on ebay for a cheaper price and now I would have no problem spending all the money on them. They're freaking awesome. I had n fabs before, but these are just magical. It's just natural when you're getting in and you don't have to pull on a grab handle at all. Just step right up.

For shocks, the Icon's I've got are awesome. A little more than the Bilsteins, but only by a little. If nothing else, the finish makes them worth that in the ease of cleaning.

The PMF 3-link just looks badass. I've got the 4-link and it's awesome, but I've definitely thought about seeing what difference the 3-link made. Not sure if it'd be good or bad.

Last edited:

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I talked with Trevor at pmf, and he said they both have pros andand cons, and theythe both will work greatI for pulling and drag racing so ill Just have to decide when the cash is in hand. And I really want to try the topguncustoms nighthawk shocks

TripleE44

Reaction score
I talked with Trevor at pmf, and he said they both have pros andand cons, and theythe both will work greatI for pulling and drag racing so ill Just have to decide when the cash is in hand. And I really want to try the topguncustoms nighthawk shocks

I think Cary at CTPerformance said those were made by pure performance, which is a pretty reputable company so I'm sure they're nice. If nothing else, they look awesome.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
My dads truck has full replacements, don't want to jack his style, but with the dark blue and black, I Thanks the nighthawks will look good, and what do es everyone thin about cal-trac traction bars?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
CalTracs are awesome for the track, but I hated them for daily driving. If I ever get another set of bars it will be PMF or OUO without a doubt.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Do they make the ride stiffer? I was thinking for half the price there would be drawbacks, like they don't help in reverse

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Do they make the ride stiffer? I was thinking for half the price there would be drawbacks, like they don't help in reverse

Yeah. They do stiffen the rear end up a good bit. They were also pretty noisy. I know a few people said they did something (can't remember what) to fix that. I took them off the truck before I tried anything. I know a lot of people buy bars to dampen the firmer shifts of the race tunes. There was no difference before and after on my truck. I will say this....they worked great at the track. If I ever built a dedicated race truck, it would get CalTracs no doubt.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
They love to give tickets here for window tint, and I bought the nightshades stuff for the lights, but it doesn't spray well cold, but im thinking of the recon markers and led tailights

Latest posts

Members online