What to look for on a high miles 6.0?

jshalala

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this truck. Im interested in this 05 for sale locally on Craigslist. Is 210,000 to many on that 6.0? My 7.3 has almost 270k on it (runs like new) but I am starting to look around for another truck. What should I look for on these trucks. Any way I can check the egr, oil cooler and headgaskets without a scanner? I dont have anything that would let me check the delta of the coolant/oil. Here is the link for the truck with a vid, skip to almost the end of it where he starts it up. Everything before is just a walk around of the truck. It is a xl model which I like, no power windows or locks to mess with and a rubber floor. :ford:

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/2712322208.html

Atsah

Reaction score
Not a bad looking truck but 210K on a seven year old 6.0 is not something I would consider.. I have had a couple of them and have had pretty good luck with them but it's like playing russian rulet with your bank account.. What are thinking of useing it for? How many miles are you going to drive it a year?

jshalala

Reaction score
Id use it the same way I use my 7.3 now. Daily driver and I tow a small car trailer about once or twice a month. I think I usually put 12,000 miles a year on my trucks.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Why is he selling such a nice truck? I mean serious question, does it have egr cooler still? You can see if it does or not by climbing and lookin on passenger side of engine. Is it studded? Honestly chances are most likely if it's studded it may be deleted but worth the check. Do an oasis report. Looks like no blow by... Any oil underneath? Watch for bed plate leaking oil. Updated STC fitting on HPOP?

yeehaw

Reaction score
mine has 160k on it and runs awesome, and has stock headgaskets yet, but like said above, it is like buying any other used vehicle, take a good look at it and try to get a decent idea on history of the truck.

Latest posts

Members online