What trans cooler for built trans?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
What is everyone with the built trans putting in? I am thinking I am going to just completely replace the cooler instead of back flushing the current one. The trans that came out of the truck was still working ok but I am sure that the clutches were a little burnt. I just don't want any issues with the new trans and plan on a new cooler. But do you guys just put in a OEM cooler or is there a larger cooler that can be put in? Thanks guys ahead of time.

Riverside

Reaction score
X 2 on new factory cooler.

With the cost of going thru these...it's cheap insurance that your starting with a clean bill of health

capt dong

Reaction score
If you are concerned with debris in the transmission fluid you can add the auxillary trans filter by dieselsite. Don't know if the kit restricts flow in a modified transmission however. For a stock transmission it allows full flow.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Ok. I will get a new OEM cooler coming then.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Riverside

Reaction score
If you feel up to it a 6.0 tranny cooler would be an upgrade.....Dam things are massive
You'd just have to fab up mounts.

Side note, I'm not sure there is enough room to put a 6.0 cooler in there.
It would be a tight fit if so

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Don't know if the kit restricts flow in a modified transmission however. For a stock transmission it allows full flow.
Is there a setting on the filter for stock or modified transmission? If not, how would it know to be full flow for a stock trans, but restrict the flow on a modified trans?

And there is an inescapable rule about filtering. If there is no restriction, there is no filtering. ALL filters have restriction or they don't work. The trick is to get a filter that removes what you want removed without having too much restriction.