What tune should i use with my Minimaxx ?

Vaidelis

Reaction score
Hey guys what engine and transmision tune should i use on my Minimaxx ? I have 2010 6.4 looking to try something new . I am still thinking about mcc gearhead tune . When i tried to install minimaxx tunner i remember it gave me options 50-100 hp , 150hp-250hp and 250-300hp . Correct me if i am wrong . Also it gave me 3 different tunes for trany which should i choose ? Thanks ( When i got my mini i did not install it my mech did )Just want to set my minimaxx corecctly. Also how should i set my pyro lvls correctly ? Colant ,oil temp, trans temp ,boost . Thanks

johnp115

Reaction score
which tune you "should run" depends on what you want to do with the truck. If you just want to have it deleted and running fine then the low option is fine. If you want to have it pretty quick on the street then of course the 300hp setting will do that.

I ran gearhead custom tunes and liked those much better than the canned h&s tuning, so in my opinion you "should" get gearhead mcc tunes.

Trans wise it just depends what you want. the T-reg trans tune is a great all around tune.

Gauge wise id have it set on pyro 1, coolant temp, oil temp, and fuel rail pressure. But then again its a 6.4 and you have to monitor everything (honestly you worry less if you just don't monitor anything LOL) because they're time bombs LOL so any gauge will be helpful.

sootie

Reaction score
get custom tunes from Gearhead. it is night and day.

if you just want canned tunes i would run the S2M trans tune and the 250 engine tune

sootie

Reaction score
load based shifting, better smoke control, more power.

Vaidelis

Reaction score
Which trany tune you guys use ?I got T-HYB , T-ECO and T-REG? I will try all of them just want to know which is the best :D

sootie

Reaction score
they should shift firm-thats what saves the clutches and gets better times. to the trans relearn and give it some time to settle in. it will improve

sootie

Reaction score
i tow with it...on his race tune. its all about your right foot.

on edit: do you have tractoin bars? what you may be feeling is axle wrap.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.