What turbo to get?

kdogg85

Reaction score
I ran the crap out of mine. Pmax/stock stick/head bolts with srl. Never puked, I did a pressure test every now and then. That harder has been out long enough and tuned with enough to be fine.

If your real worried, just get a heavy tow tune. No extra power, but will make the charger work like it should. Your mpgs are going to drop, so be prepared.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Keeping the stock TTY bolts is like playing Russian Roulette cause even completely stock they can/will let loose.

FWIW I LOVE MY MTW Stage 1 with GearHead SRL-X

scparrish

Reaction score
If you want to just get a turbo get a pmax and a billet wheel for it. The pmax is brand new and no core is required, sell your factory turbo and that will pay for the billet wheel.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I so like the pmax and billet wheel. But it just isn't enough for me. But it got my truck enough power to be fun. I want funner. If your serious about a turbo, I might make you a good deal on a mine as I am in talks to go with a 68 fleece soon.

But they are a great deal new with no core.

JMart

Reaction score
My stocker blew a seal and I swapped in a Pmax. I didn't notice any lag or negatives it feels like it pulls harder once it lights though. I always rolled into the throttle though and never just punch it from a stop.

Someone that posted in this thread owes me some tunes to try out but I am still on stock tuning since I haven't had a chance to get it studded. Still on the first tank I filled up with since installing, so no input on the mpg change.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I installed the pmax with my 175s. Really didn't care for it. It was laggy. I added the billet wheel from riff raff... And let me tell you it makes a damn good turbo! It lights quick and pulls hard! Mtw makes great products but for no core charge and drop in replacement the pmax billet wheel combo get my vote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Check out this thread Barder Turbos I just got the stage 2. Had a MTW hybrid and didnt have any problems with it, just wanted something new. I know boost can depend on a variety of things, but with my hybrid it wasa struggle to hit 30psi. Just the other day i hit 39psi with my Stage 2 and can hit 30psi all day without a problem. Really liking this turbo and im only running a old TSD tune that was for a plane pmax. Plus you get a whistle :thumbsup:

pa-powerstroke

Reaction score
You keep saying "if its not broke, dont fix it" then keep your turbo and spend the money on something that WILL go wrong, like EGR delete or Headstuds. They will go long before your turbo will.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.