What would you do with a spare 6.4

mclean

Reaction score
Picking up a spare 6.4 in the next few weeks, nay build it up for my current truck or keep it as a spare or do a rcsb project down the road...let's hear some ideas. What would u do to the engine and what would u put it in

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

mclean

Reaction score
If I did the rc, from experience, would you do a setup like yours or something like mikes? This would just be a play toy and I take it down the track a couple times a year at some of the local events

BFT

Reaction score
personally...i would freshen up the motor (depending on miles). the heads for sure! upgraded valve train, push rods, harden valve seats, head studs...porting the heads would be good for a bit more flow.
new front cover, t-stats, 6.0 manifolds and up pipes, WG, air dog, upgrade the intake manifold and a turbo set up that will work well.

i think that set up alone will give you a sturdy 600 EASY. and still be able to tow and raise a little hell. make sure to back it up with a tranny or freshen what you have up and upgrade the converter

MINK

Reaction score
Build the snot out of it as money alows then worry about what it goes in, wether it be your current truck or a RC. I'd love to have a motor to build where it didnt have a time restraint

mclean

Reaction score
I think that's what I am going to do. Start watching the classifieds for fuel stuff and watch other engine builds to see what works and what doesn't and build accordingly. Kind of looking forward to this haha

Spatel23

Reaction score
If I did the rc, from experience, would you do a setup like yours or something like mikes? This would just be a play toy and I take it down the track a couple times a year at some of the local events

Im not real sure what youre asking me

mclean

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm asking. I know a few high end builds have had little issues, is it worth going all out or doing Max powers and small fuel upgrades to be around the 650-700 mark. Will not be using drugs so this will be a fuel only build

Spatel23

Reaction score
In that case..honestly Id do a build like Mikes. Its far less costly for one and if you aren't planning on spraying it then dual pumps aren't really necessary.

It would make for an incredibly fun and reliable truck to rip the streets and local track with.

Heads with hardened seats etc, valve train, push rods, coated pistons and internals, headstuds, elites lpfs, high powers, trans with hd converter, egr delete with water cooled gate, and the other little obvious nicnacs would be my choice I think.
650 horse in a regular cab would be SICK....I wanna try it myself.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If it is just a spare truck and a toy, I would go all out. Don't need the dual pumps could do the II pump and adequate injectors. Just keep in mind not to go too crazy cause you want to keep it streetable. Only issue now is how to keep the rear tires from spinning constantly.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Built and then put it in an OBS crew cab with 08 axles and suspension with king ranch interior, full dress like a KR and a six speed allison to back it. I would use it for dding and towing mostly.

Latest posts

Members online