What would you "Powerstroke"?

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
402369.jpg

SINNER

Reaction score
I'm actively looking for a catamaran to put a 7 to 800shp 7.3 heui into. The engine in my truck right now is well over 700 crank hp, even in it's screwed up state.

I would like to run a pair of them in a cat with a couple lencos running output/input reversed to make a pair of OD drives to keep the torque off the outdrives and allow the use of a shelf stocked gasser prop pitch.

I don't think 100mph would be out of the question for a single engine, and I don't think 130+ would be out of the question for a pair.

Would be cool sipping offroad diesel while crusing around on the lake listening to a large frame or two whistling behind me.

There were some attempts with 5-650 hp. CAT's with the HEUI's. We beat them in all aspects with 550hp. big block Merc's in every race. I still have a cell phone pic of one of the boats. After that year they were gone.

attachment.php

Charles

Reaction score
There were some attempts with 5-650 hp. CAT's with the HEUI's. We beat them in all aspects with 550hp. big block Merc's in every race. I still have a cell phone pic of one of the boats. After that year they were gone.

attachment.php

Those engines were way too heavy. The 7.3 isn't too bad comparitively. Those things were boat anchors.... literally. Plus that's weak sauce. A stock bottom end 7.3 will pull 700 to 750shp no prob. At 650shp those Cats were seriously, no exaggeration making the same power as hybrids and a 38R on a 7.3. But with a lot more weight penalty.

I don't want to stay at full song for 10 hours. 20 seconds is plenty. Just like in my truck now. But hell, with infinite cooling capacity through seawater, EGT might not be an issue. Might have ice-sickles falling out the turbo at 60psi.

Last edited:

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
There was a hydro with an Allison tearing up the turbines a few years back... it had to be heavy.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
1964 Lincoln Continental, I would use a new 6.7L. Some thing about two 4 inch stainless tips sticking out the rear just gives me chills!

I've got one mocked up in a '65, it's gonna be a bi*ch. I discovered that the unibody requires sooooooooo much modification.