What's cylinder 8 telling me

space_heretic

Reaction score
Well I pulled apart my driver side head because of a glow plug mishap. My other cylinders on this bank look good. But 8 has what looks like rust. I have been loosing coolant and found white residue under valve cover. Picture with the light is cylinder 4.

I did have it scanned prior 8 failed but I find I have the original injector in there so it was possibly the cause. Otherwise truck was good.
8u6a8ydu.jpg
dysumume.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

space_heretic

Reaction score
I guess it looked worse than it was. I figured a scotch brite pad and wd40 couldn't hurt so I very lightly scrubbed it. It just came off for the most part.
ebuzu5e7.jpg

space_heretic

Reaction score
Well I inspected the headgasket and I could not see any signs of leakage or damage. Than again I don't look at them often so I may not know exactly what to look for. I looked at the head surface no signs of leakage except one suspicious spot but it was on cylinder 4 not 8 where my rust formed.
How does the coolant pass through the heads? Possibly next to intake runners?

2000wa250

Reaction score
Cracked or loosened cup.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

space_heretic

Reaction score
Thanks guys pulled passenger side head. Walls looked good taking the heads Monday hopefully they find a issue in there because I couldn't find obvious signs off failure on that head gasket either.
I also found a shop not terribly far away to get injectors tested.
Only thing I need is a new evbp tube and a damn bearing for one rocker arm. It fell somewhere on the frame or trans.

Latest posts

Members online